Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I got it last week myself and played through the 1st assasination , did a mix really kill/stealth finished the 1st one handy enough , on the 2nd mission now and i really couldn't be arsed with it, That and the fact that I got Hitman Xmas day and its just all around a way better game i can't put it down

i said the same a few posts back, game really comes into its own during/after the second mission

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

anyone else notice the guards humming oro se do bheatha abhaile all the time?

The air of the drunken sailor is the same, presumably borrowed from the much older irish song.

marco_polo wrote: »
    The air of the drunken sailor is the same, presumably borrowed from the much older irish song.

aaaah yeah I remember that one now

finished the game just there, 20 hours altogether, ntb. low chaos ending (is there a no chaos ending?)

agree with the complaints of the sudden ending but in general once the game gets going it was incredible. gona do a high chaos playthrough next on very hard although I'll probably still stealth around the place a lot during it

just about to do the
    sokolov mission
    on my high chaos playthrough... so far I don't think i've noticed any difference except once or twice a guard mentioned I killed some people

was kinda hoping for more... i hope it's not just a different cut scene at the end

--edit

yeah it pretty much just is another cut scene at the end. Witcher levels of divergence this game does not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna trade in Black Ops 2 in the new year, gonna get either this or Most Wanted. I thought Hitman was awful so I'm cautious of another stealth game. Saying that, I just finished Far Cry 3 and absolutely loved the stealth in that. Hearing great things about this but I'm a bit skeptical at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Tbh dont buy, rental ftw. Its good but not a whole lot of replay value

id have to disagree with that, already played it twice and i'm gona play it at least a third time at some point in the near future trying to get 0 detection 0 alarms in all missions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

id have to disagree with that, already played it twice and i'm gona play it at least a third time at some point in the near future trying to get 0 detection 0 alarms in all missions

Did that in my second play... combined with a "naked" run (no powers/upgrades) ...... have to say it was no where near as fun a the 1st play where I was sneaking but using all the powers and reacting with them too when I got caught out, felt way more natural and fluid and 100x more enjoyable than the constant reloading for 0 detections.

Don't get me wrong finishing the naked run was hella satisfying, but not nearly as fun as the 1st run at the game blind.

I did a naked run and no detections/alarms in one play through. Not alot of replay once you do that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Arawn wrote: »

I did a naked run and no detections/alarms in one play through. Not alot of replay once you do that

What about all the fun ways you can kill people? :)

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    What about all the fun ways you can kill people? :)

Done on second playthrough as im a cheevo whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

just about to do the
    sokolov mission
    on my high chaos playthrough... so far I don't think i've noticed any difference except once or twice a guard mentioned I killed some people

was kinda hoping for more... i hope it's not just a different cut scene at the end

--edit

yeah it pretty much just is another cut scene at the end. Witcher levels of divergence this game does not have.

Not massive divergence but I noticed that the bone charms were all completely different in the powers they gave me. also there were a lot more guards about the place and some NPCs behaved a little differently.
    Arawn wrote: »
    Tbh dont buy, rental ftw. Its good but not a whole lot of replay value

It has tonnes of Replay value, I've played through the entire game twice and a couple of missions five or six times, exploring and carrying out the assassinations in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Picked this up for €35 in the xtravision sale, was it worth it for that price? Haven't touched it yet since I not able to put down Far Cry 3.

Picked this up for €35 in the xtravision sale, was it worth it for that price? Haven't touched it yet since I not able to put down Far Cry 3.

I certainly think so, I loved it and knocked a good 25 or so hours out of two very different playthroughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Just got the game today, **** me its one of the hardest games ive played. Died twice already during the prologue, not much of a RPG gamer though so hopefully i find it easier as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I'd definitely say it's worth it. Don't be put off by the 1st 1 or 2 missions, I found it tough to get into (and I know few others did as well) but by the end it was probably my favourite game released in 2012.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

anirishlad wrote: »
    Just got the game today, **** me its one of the hardest games ive played. Died twice already during the prologue, not much of a RPG gamer though so hopefully i find it easier as it goes on.

It's not an RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ha, same as me pretty much, except I got both games on steam. My internet connetion at home is awful, so I only downloaded Far Cry, have this and few more to download and bate into once I get back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Completed this with about a total of 10 kills so got the low chaos ending, looking forward to playing this in high chaos mode going mad with power!

Great game.

if I load a save from a previous game where I've already maxed out my powers the way I want, can I go back and do the first few missions all powered up?

it was only on the very last mission I realised I could stop time, fire 3-4 arrows and then watch a room full of guards die at once when time unfroze and all the arrows zoomed in. it was so much fun, i want to do it to everyone

everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm finding it really hard for this game to keep my attention. It's good, but i just can't get into it. Been over 2 weeks since i've played it last, i can't even quite remember what mission i'm on. I think it's the one after you save some womans uncle. The watch towers were just introduced.

Am i still in the 1 or 2 missions that you have to get by for the game to open up?

that's the very first mission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

everyone

Especially Lord Pendleton :)

Just finished the game over the weekend. Ending is a bit abrupt and last level isn't anything to write home about. It was however a very good game which I enjoyed alot.

I completed it on low chaos so going to do a high chaos playthrough next. I barely used any of my powers or gadgets first time around, Blink was pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

that's the very first mission

Ah no, i've done a few so. Been to the sewers, met the first few zombie thingys. Should really just play it...

the sewers part is where the game introduces you to weepers, yeah it's a short little mini tutorial in between (i think ) the first and second assasinations

you're still incredibly early on, the game really gets going from there. I was the same as you, not really liking it at all at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enjoyable game, was going low kills until i learned i could get a guard to shoot at me, freeze time, possess his mate/or him, move his mate/or him into the firing line, unfreeze time.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Played a good bit of this over the weekend and I have to say I'm impressed. I didn't really find it hard to get into like some people were saying, may be because I love stealth base games, I'm trying to create as little chaos as possible, something very satisfying about sneaking through an area and carefully picking off guards one by one. You can tell that they looked at a lot of different game when they were making it. It feels like a strange hybrid of Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Hitman and Deus ex. Really like the setting, feels a lot like Half Life 2 in a way, think the environment artist from Half Life 2 worked on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well, after ordering this game about 5 months ago via Game and not receiving it, I purchased it when it went on sale on PSN.

It was worth the wait. I absolutely loved it.I was gutted at the end, as I completely forgot I killed someone in the opening mission or two which ruined the no kill achievement.

Anyway, i'm definitely going to play this a second time, it has so much replay value imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Story Based DLC coming soon. centred around Daud somehow, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

one thing that really bugs me about this game is you can't just jump in to whatever mission you want in a sort of game+ mode with all your chosen powers unlocked. i've already finished the story, I dont care how unbalanced it would be. i want to do those first few levels with stop time!

Advertisement