Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow; Half-Life 2 meets Thief meets Bioshock Infinite, wrapped in Steampunk Victorian artwork; marvelous. I'm not sure the gameplay sounds all that enticing yet - they could go into a bit more detail about exactly how Sandbox'y this is rather than talk weapons and powers (afterall, technically Mafia was a sandbox game) - but the art direction alone is worth interest. You really see the influence of Viktor Antonov (dude behind much of City 17's design in HL2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Any sort of release date yet?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Really looking forward to this. I hope the stealth element of the game is well developed, particularly because some of what I've been reading about Thief 4 gives me cause for concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

looks very intereting but then again theres so many games with unreal trailers that never materialise with a quality game

Release date announced, 12 October in the EU. So basically 5 months from now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

danthefan wrote: »
    Release date announced, 12 October in the EU. So basically 5 months from now.

Excellent that'll fill the gap left by the recent Bioshock delay nicely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Stop the press looks like you can kill people in first person slo-mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That's some damn classy music.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Zillah wrote: »
    That's some damn classy music.

Thinking the very same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

that is a brilliant trailer, music is amazing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Cannot wait for it. I know it's been said before, but it really looks so much like a Bioshock spin off, with a bit of Half-Life thrown in.

I'm really looking forward to it

Bit of something for everyone in this game it seems. I'm not a Bioshock or Half-life fan, but I really am looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I dunno,it seems kind of cartoonish compared to the first trailer and apart from the music Im a bit underwhelmed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That looks so interesting! Can't wait to see a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Great trailer. I am trying not to put my hopes up ( remembers dead island ).

This reminds me one of my favourite trailers in a way: dead space twinkle twinkle little star.

I really love this setting. I don't know how to call it, but it is that flavour of fallout and bioshock in it. Love it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What excites me about this game is not the trailers, but the pedigree behind it. The promotions are always going to pitch things at as wide an audience as possible, but for me the idea the game is made by ex-workers on Deus Ex & the Thief, with artistic design from Viktor Antonov, that's what has be very intrigued. A little harder to put into an E3 trailer :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

2 videos of the same mission, one in stealth and one in head-on slaughter mode. Looking forward to this now.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/28/dishonored-notices-how-murdery-you-are/

Looking very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

pixelburp wrote: »
    with artistic design from Viktor Antonov

It's weird, because the guy has a style that's quite different to other games, which is good; but for me; chunks of the artwork / screenshots look an awful lot like City 17. :(

• Advertisement

Maybe this game is a massive troll from Laidlaw. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's weird, because the guy has a style that's quite different to other games, which is good; but for me; chunks of the artwork / screenshots look an awful lot like City 17. :(

Viktor Antonov who designed the city in Dishonored also designed city 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Viktor Antonov who designed the city in Dishonored also designed city 17.

Aye, that's my point.

Does anyone else think these are reminiscent?
    Half Life 2 / Dishonoured

Half Life 2 / Dishonoured

Don't get me wrong; there are a few Unreal engine games that look the same; and also, the more I see gameplay the more excited I am for Dishonoured; just that, when I saw it first, it actually looked like a mod for HL2, reusing the same in-game assets / models, etc...

They have similar tones and styles, but that's only natural given a very unique industrial artist is behind the work; there will always be echoes of previous work. Content-wise they're very different though (although things like Dishonoured's whaling ship look like something the Combine might build)

Mind you, in this instance I don't think you can have too much of a good thing - the design is wonderful to look at.

Either way, watching the 'stealth' video (haven't watched the 'action' version yet) has ramped up my enthusiasm for this game. To all intents and purposes this is beginning to look like a genuine spiritual successor to Thief; it really looks like quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Looks awesome. Will definitely pick it up. The movement using Blink to get through the roof areas in the second playthrough looks really good.

And it definitely seems like there's a lot of different ways to get to the targets. It all looks promising

Watched the 'action' video and yeah, I think this game is meant to be played stealthily, didn't look at all fun, blasting your way through.

One thing I note that seems like a rare thing these days - no regenerating health. The game looks like it might actually have some challenge.

Yeah, and the blue bar as well, he kept manually regenerating it, presumably with some sort of potion.

I kind of liked the second play through, quickly cutting a bloody swathe through the bath house, then escaping as a rat. But if/when I get this, I'd imagine I'll be playing sneaky too.

Looks really interesting, as usual will read some reviews but fairly sure I'll be buying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Here's a another video if anyone hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXlqwfVDboY

Also the PC version is only 25 euro in Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

This is out next month, anybody pre-ordered?

Any further news on it?

Advertisement