Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I pre-ordered from Amazon for the Xbox. Looks excellent but I'm a little worried about the depth of the gameplay and missions. But with the kind of pedigree it has, it's hard to not get excited about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Aye, that's my point.

Does anyone else think these are reminiscent?
    Half Life 2 / Dishonoured

Half Life 2 / Dishonoured

Don't get me wrong; there are a few Unreal engine games that look the same; and also, the more I see gameplay the more excited I am for Dishonoured; just that, when I saw it first, it actually looked like a mod for HL2, reusing the same in-game assets / models, etc...

Art Director/Concept Artist for Half Life 2 - Viktor Antonov is working on Dishonoured as its Visual Design director. Hence why there are similarities between the two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are ya'll getting it for pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Xbox!

Can't wait, not a lot of people know about it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Really fun game! Takes a little bit of experimenting and playing around with things to get into the swing of it, but it is really rewarding. An awful lot you can do in it as well. I'm not a stealth player, but I enjoyed exploring a little bit and possessing people to ramble around. Thankfully the swordplay works really well if push comes to shove.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it an sand box type world?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Is it an sand box type world?

Not really I read an interview with a developer or designer a while back where he described it as structured more around Deus Ex or Thief style levels than a full open world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Surprised at the lack of interest in this game, seems to be a complete lack of marketing as well. I mentioned it to a friend who's probably even more into gaming than I am and he's never even heard of it, immediately interested when I explained it though so there's definitely a market they're missing out on. Definitely hoping to pick it up but as with all games I'll wait for some user reviews before spending €50 on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

On the fence about this one at the moment, seems like rental / price drop material but had a look at the achievement list there..... I know I know but some of us like those but they are very focused on being unlocked for playing the game a certain way which I really hate, they are very similar to deus ex. It's a 2 play minimum for 100% from the looks of it.

Every thing I've seen so far leads me to believe it's a poor mans but better looking BioShock :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm also passing a release date buy on this in favour of XCOM being released the very same day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This game is €26(pc version) pre-ordered from gamestop.ie, pretty much budget game pricing.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah pre-order from there myself.

Great price, am really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Any sign of reviews yet? €26 is ridiculously cheap.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I pre-ordered on steam a few days ago. I've seen very little advertising for it (apart from the huge billboards for it in Cologne during GDC). Everyone who's played it have been positive tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Zedrayas

It looks great , definately a mix of a few genres and styles , and games.
    Bit of Bioshock mixed in there, with maybe some Deus Ex and some other games which allow sneaking. Like , a supernatural-steampunk-deus-ex , with augments replaced by powers.

Definately looks like you could do a lot of missions in a lot of different ways.

Will be interesting to see if it's as good as it looks on the gameplay video's and trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm hoping it turns out good, I need a new FPS that shakes it up a bit and this one looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm hoping it turns out good, I need a new FPS that shakes it up a bit and this one looks promising.

Would you really classify this as an FPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Of course

way cheaper price too

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

First review score has leaked out.
    9.5 from CVG

Pro's
    Praised its excellent setting.
    Lots of freedom.
    Stealth and action mechanics work equally well.

Con's
    Story lacks focus.
    Bit of a slow burner.

Some reports that the game was completed in under 4 hours by people who got there hands on a leaked copy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well i dont really care if the story lacks focus so long as the gameplay is good. you could never accuse stalker of having a focused or direct story and I'm still over 600 hours playtime over the last few years

same for slow burner, another "criticism" that could be levelled at stalker or any number of excellent games. half life 1 hardly started with balls to the wall action.

completion inunder 4 hours is kinda wtf though. I guess even if it's a short enough game, if it's good enough there will be enjoyment in replaying it and doing things differently each time.
    plus mods.

beautiful beautiful mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Yea, the 4 hour completion, I'm sure younger a good bit of replay value from the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    I know I know but some of us like those but they are very focused on being unlocked for playing the game a certain way which I really hate, they are very similar to deus ex. It's a 2 play minimum for 100% from the looks of it.

Every thing I've seen so far leads me to believe it's a poor mans but better looking BioShock :confused:

To be fair Calex - and I know you're a fan of achievements - I don't think a game that sells itself as offering choice and player freedom should be criticised before launch because of its achievement list. If a game plays well, tries something different and creates a new & interesting world (which this game seems to, although I'm still on the fence until I hear reviews and player reports) then they are far, far more important determiners of quality than the gamerscore requirements.

well i dont really care if the story lacks focus so long as the gameplay is good. you could never accuse stalker of having a focused or direct story and I'm still over 600 hours playtime over the last few years

same for slow burner, another "criticism" that could be levelled at stalker or any number of excellent games. half life 1 hardly started with balls to the wall action.

completion inunder 4 hours is kinda wtf though. I guess even if it's a short enough game, if it's good enough there will be enjoyment in replaying it and doing things differently each time.
    plus mods.

beautiful beautiful mods.

I'm not particularly worried by that tbh. I know if I get it I'll spend ages looking at the different ways of getting in and out of places, etc, etc. There are a ton of games you can absolutely fly through if you know exactly what you're doing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

People complained about Portal 2 after finishing it in a few hours. Of course to do that you have to ignore most of what makes the game special rushing from puzzle to puzzle.

Resi 2 can be finished in under 90 minutes for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'd call bull on the 4 hour thing. A guy at Bethesda reported taking 22 hours to complete the main story line with out doing all the side quests and knowing the solutions to all the puzzles and assassinations.
    Was the same with Borderlands 2.Some people were saying they maxed out to lvl 50 in a couple of hours ,which after the game actually came out, anyone can see that ,that's fairly impossible.You'll always get idiots making absurd claims before every one else gets their hands on the game.The amount of times I've come across crap players on cod at low ranks saying they were 20th prestige but got reset....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

danthefan wrote: »

Sure wasn't there speed runners who finished Fallout 3 and Skyrim in 20 minutes or something mental like that. I do hope its a good 20 hours all the same, all the more you can replay through
    :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

danthefan wrote: »
    Dark Souls takes on average 40 hours to complete but there are vids out there doing it in an hour.

Azza wrote: »
    First review score has leaked out.
    9.5 from CVG

Pro's
    Praised its excellent setting.
    Lots of freedom.
    Stealth and action mechanics work equally well.

Con's
    Story lacks focus.
    Bit of a slow burner.

Some reports that the game was completed in under 4 hours by people who got there hands on a leaked copy.

Freedom as in play anyway you want?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When I read slightly odd playtimes like that, I just assume they're real, but done by ADD types who try for speedruns more than having a fair playthrough. and on Easy too I bet. I'd not be surprised if the main questline took about 4-6 hours. Heck, skyrims main quest prob took about that long

Advertisement