Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Haven't played it properly yet, only spent an hour on it last night so I'm only a small bit into the first mission (Or a good bit, I dunno :pac:)

Definitely reminds me of the likes of Thief and Deus Ex in terms of how I can execute my plan; Guns blazing or be a sly shìte, and how I found myself striving not to kill anyone, only when I've been spotted. Haven't done that in years :D

Controls take a tiny bit of getting used to in terms of your left and right hand attacks but a proper playthrough tonight will fix that.

Graphics are quite dated, looks like something of a cross between Bioshock and Team Fortress 2. Some of smaller textures are horrific, they look like stand-ins for the actual textures to load on top of them :pac:

Anyways, this game isn't about graphics and I liked from what little I played. Definitely has the feeling of the older stealth games which I loved playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

How'd you get it? Bastid, i need to start ordering of the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For some reason I had assumed this was only coming out on PC...

Sounds class so I may have to pick it up on PS3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Can't decide on this or X-com!! Hmmmmz

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Big Knox wrote: »
    Can't decide on this or X-com!! Hmmmmz

Can't you sell a kidney or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hmmmm, Games for Windows. The 3 most dangerous words to PC gamers. Coupled with it being a Bethesda release, I think it best to wait 6 months for the inevitable slew of bugs to be fixed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Shiminay wrote: »
    hmmmm, Games for Windows. The 3 most dangerous words to PC gamers. Coupled with it being a Bethesda release, I think it best to wait 6 months for the inevitable slew of bugs to be fixed.

Bethesda are just on publishing duties for this one, this has been developed by Arkane Studios on the UE3 engine so has none of the "quirks" of the Gamebryo /Creation Engine.

Also as a bonus this is a steamworks game, 'Games for Windows' is a technical certification standard and is not the same thing as the 'Games for Windows Live' platform

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

contains in game footage so obviously, dont watch if you're massively concerned about the slightest possibly spoilery thing

funny though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Loving this so far. The graphics aren't great but the gameplay so far more than makes up for it.

I can see myself playing this for many hours and a many a play through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Sure can't dark souls be beaten in something like 90 mins. Not by me I may add but one of the devs done a speed run through it. So length of a game rarely bothers me as long as it feels right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

About 8 hours in and only half way through the second mission(with the twins). Some reviewer recommended just turning off the main mission objective and exploring, before doing the primary quest and they were right. There's a load of stuff to find when you go off doing side quests and they end up bleeding into the main quest.Also a fair bit of supplementary things to discover by reading books and letters and using the heart to discover secrets.
    Trying to be stealthy as much as possible but was never great at stealth games so am finding it very challenging. Reminds me an awful lot of Deus Ex but with a slightly better control system and smaller environments.Would highly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Pretty similar story here, 5-6 hours pure stealth and I have finished the prologue mission and about 90 % of the first proper mission. Although the levels are wide and open you are never too far from your objective, but with objective markers on I think I could have got to this point John Rambo style in less than half the time so playstyle definately has a large impact on game length.

Was on a no kills run on hard difficulty but I think I left one guy unconcious where he got eaten by rats, but don't care enough about the achievement and far too engrossed in the plot to break immersion by restarting the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh cant install it until midnight

****ing steam

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh cant install it until midnight

****ing steam

Is it a disk version?, you can preload if you manually add the key to steam and download it, but for some reason it they never let you pre install from a disk.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Is it a disk version?, you can preload if you manually add the key to steam and download it, but for some reason it they never let you pre install from a disk.

yap disk version

No point downloading since it will take me all day with my 3mb broadband I reckon

anyway **** you steam *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Shiminay wrote: »

Games for Windows? FFS. And I was thinking of getting this and all.

Sarky wrote: »
    Games for Windows? FFS. And I was thinking of getting this and all.
    Also as a bonus this is a steamworks game, 'Games for Windows' is a technical certification standard and is not the same thing as the 'Games for Windows Live' platform

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah. Sorry. GFW brings out the worst in me.

Sarky wrote: »
    Ah. Sorry. GFW brings out the worst in me.

does that to everybody

well not gizmo, but he's a corporate shill.

does the steam copy come with shadow rat pack?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Saw it in gamestop today for €35. Tried to buy it but was told sorry shouldn't have been put out. Fair enough but I can't see the problem when I can't install it until tomorrow anyway.

Not to drag the prices thing up again but with every release the disparity between the steam price and retail price gets further and further on my goat. There is a fifteen euro difference here which is truly ridiculous. To this day I am none the wiser as to why. We all have vague ideas that someone's mate's brother in law said that publishers were forcing valve to up the price or the neighbours pet dog heard tell that valve take too high a percentage which pushes the price up. Is there a definitive explanation? Are the likes of valve immune to questioning on this?

We have the same thing with kindle books often being more expensive than the real thing. This continuing willingness to take it up the ass since the days of CDs costing 1p* to make and 15 quid to buy we've happily eaten it up like the fools we are. Just..you know...gets on my goat.

/rant Will buy the hard copy after all that in gamestop tomorrow.

* slight exaggeration

mewso wrote: »
    Saw it in gamestop today for €35. Tried to buy it but was told sorry shouldn't have been put out. Fair enough but I can't see the problem when I can't install it until tomorrow anyway.

Not to drag the prices thing up again but with every release the disparity between the steam price and retail price gets further and further on my goat. There is a fifteen euro difference here which is truly ridiculous. To this day I am none the wiser as to why. We all have vague ideas that someone's mate's brother in law said that publishers were forcing valve to up the price or the neighbours pet dog heard tell that valve take too high a percentage which pushes the price up. Is there a definitive explanation? Are the likes of valve immune to questioning on this?

We have the same thing with kindle books often being more expensive than the real thing. This continuing willingness to take it up the ass since the days of CDs costing 1p* to make and 15 quid to buy we've happily eaten it up like the fools we are. Just..you know...gets on my goat.

/rant Will buy the hard copy after all that in gamestop tomorrow.

* slight exaggeration

Nah it just the Eurozone they screw over, it is like 29.99 GBP on the UK steam store which works out at around 37 euro.

Can i just say **** u eircom *****. Just die already. The minute i put the game in the tray. Bang no internet. ****ing eircom *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This game is like a mix of Bioshock,Thief and Hitman :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nah it just the Eurozone they screw over, it is like 29.99 GBP on the UK steam store which works out at around 37 euro.

$59.99 on the us store which is €46. All over the place really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bricks and mortar prices for Xbox and PS3

Gamestop :54.99

HMV : 44.99

No prizes for guessing where I got my copy :pac:

Xtravision wasn't open so didn't check there but based on recent releases I'd say they are same as gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This is so good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bloody hell, I don't need to get another game!!! Stop tempting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played it for a while yesterday. Seems great so far. Only played for about two hours. I really liked it though. Won't post anything about the beginning so-as not to ruin anything.
    Graphics are stunning. Controls and gameplay were sweet. Looking forward to playing more and opening it up a bit. :)

I found it's basically Bioshock meets Assassins Creed. (never played thief)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Headshot wrote: »
    yap disk version

No point downloading since it will take me all day with my 3mb broadband I reckon

anyway **** you steam *****

Got the CD from Gamestop.ie. Opened the case, saw the activation code on the booklet and entered into Steam. No worries at all, its in my collection now. Love this game and love Steam. Download finished, will try it out after dinner.

Advertisement