Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well have managed to make it to the end of the bridge mission with no fatalities - I can only imagine it'll get harder from here onwards though :(

I'd definitely recommend playing on hard for everyone yet to start. So far it's reasonably tough but very fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

this might have been posted, but its soo cool, you can put spring wires on a rat and then march him up to a bunch of opfor...

This game just got my attention again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

that freindly fire is fcuking genius!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Three more hours. Game is beginning to grow on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished my high chaos run there, many times in the last few missions I said to myself "How the hell am i going to get this done with no alerts or kills on my low chaos run".

Right at the start of the last mission
    I wasn't long jumping back in the boat to cut that bastards throat for alerting the guards with his flare gun

Although thinking about it now maybe
    thats what Samuel wanted me to do, as he hinted he was dying of plague when we set out

Any thoughts on that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

calex71 wrote: »
    Finished my high chaos run there, many times in the last few missions I said to myself "How the hell am i going to get this done with no alerts or kills on my low chaos run".

Right at the start of the last mission
    I wasn't long jumping back in the boat to cut that bastards throat for alerting the guards with his flare gun

Although thinking about it now maybe
    thats what Samuel wanted me to do, as he hinted he was dying of plague when we set out

Any thoughts on that ?

Iits different in low chaos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No kills / low chaos isn't the worst by any stretch - I say that, but it hasn't glitched on me yet anyway :p

The no alerts would be a pain though. Easiest way would just be to fly through it as quick as possible. If you weren't looking for runes or charms, you could maybe get through it relatively quickly and painlessly. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

you can savescum a no alerts run pretty easy imo

Just finished the game there - last mission or two are a bit disappointing alright, but up to that a fantastic experience. The middle missions are the best - game really comes alive during the bridge and party levels particularly.

I completed it without killing anyone (according to the stats anyway - have a no killed checkbox in every mission) but no clean hands achievement unlocked. Oh well, there's some pointless numbers I'll never have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Just finished it there myself, low chaos. Great game, took me a while to get the hang of the powers but you can pull of some really slick moves once you get it pegged.
    I didn't find it short at all, but then I was sneaking around trying not to kill anyone. I'm gonna do a violent game now and kill everyone I come across, even the chick back at the pub and Piero and that nice man who drives me around in his boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Just finished the game there - last mission or two are a bit disappointing alright, but up to that a fantastic experience. The middle missions are the best - game really comes alive during the bridge and party levels particularly.

I completed it without killing anyone (according to the stats anyway - have a no killed checkbox in every mission) but no clean hands achievement unlocked. Oh well, there's some pointless numbers I'll never have!

a lot of games have that problem, the creatives have really great ideas and vision for a game, but then the studio likely rush them at the end due to financial reasons to get the game out.

I'm so impressed the levels are really long and theres so many twists and turns with this one. Great replay ability factor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

There seems to be a common enough clean hands bug present in the game something to do with granny rags I think, don't know exactly what it is as I wasn't sure if I had reached that point in the game yet so stopped reading fairly lively :).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

marco_polo wrote: »
    There seems to be a common enough clean hands bug present in the game something to do with granny rags I think, don't know exactly what it is as I wasn't sure if I had reached that point in the game yet so stopped reading fairly lively :).

I missed what i had to do there as i was running like a scared bitch. I think its important to the overall story tho :confused: Im just past that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Really wanna play this game. Damn having no money.

Alright so I decided to reload a handy save I had to see to see if the was the Granny Rags glitch, because I felt a bit hard done by after putting so much effort into a no fatality playthrough. Liberal use of stop time and I flew through the last few levels in literally ten minutes :P People claim blink is the overpowered ability - stop time is just ridiculously advantageous when you have a healthy supply of potions. Anyway, reached the end and achievement unlocked, no bother. It means nothing, but hey, some sort of meaningless justice is still justice!

Anyone going for clean hands, then, N.B. (spoiler):
    DO NOT incapacitate Granny Rags when the time comes, even though the situation allows it and in fact actively encourages it. I used stop time, robbed her key and just legged it to the upper exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Alright so I decided to reload a handy save I had to see to see if the was the Granny Rags glitch, because I felt a bit hard done by after putting so much effort into a no fatality playthrough. Liberal use of stop time and I flew through the last few levels in literally ten minutes :P People claim blink is the overpowered ability - stop time is just ridiculously advantageous when you have a healthy supply of potions. Anyway, reached the end and achievement unlocked, no bother. It means nothing, but hey, some sort of meaningless justice is still justice!

Anyone going for clean hands, then, N.B. (spoiler):
    DO NOT incapacitate Granny Rags when the time comes, even though the situation allows it and in fact actively encourages it. I used stop time, robbed her key and just legged it to the upper exit.

I am still at level one, the beginning, finishing it every time flawlessly, nobody spots me, nobody gets killed, everyone I touch "goes to sleep" and I put them away safely on the ground away from stairs or water. Still, always 1 kill. What the heck!? Anyone else has this issue? Same with first and second assassinations after. Any way to check these stats while doing mission so I could see where the hell someone decides to die?:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

spr1nt3r wrote: »

I am still at level one, the beginning, finishing it every time flawlessly, nobody spots me, nobody gets killed, everyone I touch "goes to sleep" and I put them away safely on the ground away from stairs or water. Still, always 1 kill. What the heck!? Anyone else has this issue? Same with first and second assassinations after. Any way to check these stats while doing mission so I could see where the hell someone decides to die?:mad:

If you are just leaving them on the ground, hungry rats are likely your problem.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I think the stat system is bugged. I recommend a non stealth play through on your first run, if you intend to play the game more than once. I feel non stealth is more fun anyway due to have more toys to play with. Stealth is too easy and too limted.

If the stats system is bugged, hopefully it will be patched out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If you are just leaving them on the ground, hungry rats are likely your problem.

Yeah same happened to me, I put it down to the rats getting one of the sleeping guards too.

You're actually probably better leaving them on the stairs - rats can't get to elevated surfaces. Put unconscious bodies on top of boxes / rafters / tables, in closed rooms, place them down carefully etc... and always double check they're still unconscious before you leave them to sleep soundly.

Barring the well-documented glitch near the very end, I honestly didn't have a single problem or glitch with a stealth run on the 360. I did have one unconscious person simply disappear when I left four people in a dumpster, but it didn't make any difference :P

• Advertisement

You're actually probably better leaving them on the stairs - rats can't get to elevated surfaces. Put unconscious bodies on top of boxes / rafters / tables, in closed rooms, place them down carefully etc... and always double check they're still unconscious before you leave them to sleep soundly.

Barring the well-documented glitch near the very end, I honestly didn't have a single problem or glitch with a stealth run on the 360. I did have one unconscious person simply disappear when I left four people in a dumpster, but it didn't make any difference :P

I had number of people disappearing in the dumpsters and anywhere else for that matter. It really destroys the gameplay. Second assassination - two brothers, I keep walking out through "Hotel" roof window and leaving "sleeping" felows on the nearby roof. Every time I bring the new one something is missing or changed. I really don't see any reason in playing it stealthy until all this is fixed. Stairs are dangerous too as sometimes they just die on stairs. So much for strategy there..

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah same happened to me, I put it down to the rats getting one of the sleeping guards too.

But in first mission there are no rats around the guards that I put down for a short nap? That's the escape from prison just to clarify.

Thankfully Sleeping Dogs came with 50% off this weekend, best game ever. Forgot this pile of crap Dishonoured and can't believe I paid €30 for it given weak points in the gameplay. I mean come on, there are 50 AIs in the given level, only half if not less needs to be put away, so where is the problem to "remember" those bodies?:confused:

The physics can be rather annoying at times when you are trying to put them down on a surface with a small area. Most of the time 'drop' seems to actually be 'throw slightly less hard'.

On more of a Ghengus Khan type second playthrough, with gratuitous use of rat swarm, careful body placement is no longer issue. :D

The physics can be rather annoying at times when you are trying to put them down on a surface with a small area. Most of the time 'drop' seems to actually be 'throw slightly less hard'.

On more of a Ghengus Khan type second playthrough, with gratuitous use of rat swarm, careful body placement is no longer issue. :D

Agree with you there. That's why putting down on the stairs can be equal to throw down the stairs committing instant murder :D I am thinking to record my gameplay in mission 1 with that one ba$tard always passing out and maybe someone can spot the lemon? If that's not much to ask. Usually its 10min max.

I had number of people disappearing in the dumpsters and anywhere else for that matter. It really destroys the gameplay. Second assassination - two brothers, I keep walking out through "Hotel" roof window and leaving "sleeping" felows on the nearby roof. Every time I bring the new one something is missing or changed. I really don't see any reason in playing it stealthy until all this is fixed. Stairs are dangerous too as sometimes they just die on stairs. So much for strategy there..

I thought this was a bug but there is actually what seems a strangely low limit on the maximum number of dead/sleeping bodies per section (Surely it can't have that big a performance hit?). Not sure what you are playing on but it can be changed if you are on the PC.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205100/discussions/0/864948299995594180/

I thought this was a bug but there is actually what seems a strangely low limit on the maximum number of dead/sleeping bodies per section (Surely it can't have that big a performance hit?). Not sure what you are playing on but it can be changed if you are on the PC.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205100/discussions/0/864948299995594180/

Well spotted Sir! I am on PC as it happens..:cool: So will tweak it a bit later. Hope my achievements wont be affected..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished this, good game. I did a low chaos run through, I enjoyed the stealth aspects.
    I knew I was going to be betrayed after I killed the Lord Regent, never trusted that Pendleton prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finished this, good game. I did a low chaos run through, I enjoyed the stealth aspects.
    I knew I was going to be betrayed after I killed the Lord Regent, never trusted that Pendleton prick.
    Every Irish man should already know to be weary of loyalist!
    But yeah it was too obvious it would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

tuxy wrote: »
    Every Irish man should already know to be weary of loyalist!
    But yeah it was too obvious it would happen.
    Yep, as soon I was handed the drink I thought ''This is spiked with something.''

• Advertisement

Ah, the old
    drink spiking
    . I literally cannot play a game or watch a film where someone is
    handed a drink
    without suspecting that it's
    poisoned
    . Especially romantic-comedies!

Advertisement