Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod synch on new laptop wants to delete my music

• 17-04-2012 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

I have just installed iTunes on a relatively new laptop. I have connected my iPod to it in order to sort out my existing music library. However I cant view my music files so I presume I need to Synch. I get a warning when I synch that it will replace my iPod files with my iTunes library (which is empty I think).

How do I get my old iPod to work on the new laptop iTunes? I can see my music files in iTunes but they are read-only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

you need to either copy the music&iTunes library from your old computer to your new one. If not you need to use a program such a senuti to copy the ipod contents to your HDD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Is there not an option in iTunes to tell it which direction to do the initial sync in i.e. overwrite the (empty) iTunes library from the iPod? Try setting preferences/properties in iTunes before plugging in the iPod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

mathepac wrote: »
    Is there not an option in iTunes to tell it which direction to do the initial sync in i.e. overwrite the (empty) iTunes library from the iPod? Try setting preferences/properties in iTunes before plugging in the iPod.
    I don't think there is anyway to get iTunes to sync from the iPod unless it was previously synced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

you need to either copy the music&iTunes library from your old computer to your new one. If not you need to use a program such a senuti to copy the ipod contents to your HDD

Thanks. Would it matter than many of the songs I have on my ipod were from mp3s I took from CDs ages ago i.e. they were not apple downloads

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You need to copy your old iTunes library over to your new computer. Follow the instructions here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1751

• Advertisement
Advertisement