Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - GW35 Transfers

• 17-04-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

So with a on fire City team playing Wolves this weekend, is Tevez to tempting to turn down for Rooney?

Then to ship him next week for Ade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Rooney for Aguero then Aguero for Adebayor in 36, along with AN Other for a 4 point hit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Rooney for Aguero then Aguero for Adebayor in 36, along with AN Other for a 4 point hit
    I posted earlier on the plans for g/w 34,35,36 thread, this week I changed my captain from Rooney to RVP, ouch. So after last night's debacle I used my free transfer to offload Song for Ben Arfa, bit the bullet today and took a hit of 8 points and transferred out Rooney and RVP for Tevez (c) and Aguero (v) for g/w 35.
    Team is, Bogdan, Vermaelen, J Evans, R Taylor, Sess, Dempsey, Ben Arfa, Valencia, Tevez (c), Aguero (v) Cisse: bench is Vorm, J Allen, McAuley, R Martin.
    I've still €3.6 in the bank so I can get Rooney or RVP back in for g/w 36, Ade is also a good bet as spurs have a DGW, hope this gamble pays off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I'd keep Rooney over RVP anyway.

Think I'll stick with my team though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wheater in for Caulker is my only change. Swansea still have Man U and Pool to play so no harm getting rid of him now. Hope Wheater nicks a goal or 2 in the 2 dgw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Lots getting in Agbonlahor it seems. Due to rise tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

PopTarts wrote: »
    Lots getting in Agbonlahor it seems. Due to rise tonight...

Let them off with it. He hasn't done a single thing (bar get one assist) since the 5th of November. I had him that week. I kept him for another few weeks till I dropped him for Ba and I haven't looked back since. That was the move that probably changed my season.

Gabby was great at the start of the season but a waste of money now. Yak/Holt/Graham or Sturridge are far better options at this stage, even if they might not have a DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

2 free transfer so:

Suarez to Tevez
    Young to Ben Arfa

Was going to keep Suarez for the DGW but with Pool in cup final and nothing to play for in the league he is a rotation risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

was gonna save the transfer, but did Graham -> Ade early, makes sense to do other dgw swaps I have in mind closer the time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Bit the bullet, Rooney out Tevez in and I'm throwing the captains armband on him too! Couldn't go into this week without any City players against Wolves :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Bit the bullet, Rooney out Tevez in and I'm throwing the captains armband on him too! Couldn't go into this week without any City players against Wolves :cool:

Done the exact same thing myself! Brought in BArfa aswell this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Took a -4 point hit, not sure why now!

Out In
    Graham Adebayor
    Arteta Petrov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Done the exact same thing myself! Brought in BArfa aswell this week!

My exact two transfers - got rid of Rooney and Walcott for these two - who did you get rid of?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Surely if you have Rooney and RvP and you're looking to shift one out, it makes more sense to swap RvP? Yeah he's got a good record against the big teams but he's been looking off the boil lately. Rooney (pen) is at home, I'll probably keep him and swap RvP for Tevez.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

keano_afc wrote: »
    Surely if you have Rooney and RvP and you're looking to shift one out, it makes more sense to swap RvP? Yeah he's got a good record against the big teams but he's been looking off the boil lately. Rooney (pen) is at home, I'll probably keep him and swap RvP for Tevez.

Yeah was thinking that too but Rooney record against Everton is poor.

RVP has lost form but he could score at any time

ahhh it is so hard to choose!

smokingman wrote: »
    My exact two transfers - got rid of Rooney and Walcott for these two - who did you get rid of?

Rooney for Tevez

Ferguson for BArfa!

Will look at getting another Newcastle/Spurs player and Dempsey in for next week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This plan is calling to me like a sirennnnn.....

Krul Vorm
    Vermaelen Santon SKelly Evans Turner
    Bale Wallcott Valencia Siggurdsson Sessennon
    Cisse Rooney RVP

GW35: Wallcott and Rooney to Dempsey and Tevez
    GW36: Santon and Sessegnon to Ben Arfa and BAE

So the DGW36 team woould be...

Krul
    Vermaelen SKelly BAE
    Bale Dempsey Siggurdsson Ben Arfa
    Tevez RVP Cisse

FutureGuy wrote: »
    This plan is calling to me like a sirennnnn.....

Krul Vorm
    Vermaelen Santon SKelly Evans Turner
    Bale Wallcott Valencia Siggurdsson Sessennon
    Cisse Rooney RVP

GW35: Wallcott and Rooney to Dempsey and Tevez
    GW36: Santon and Sessegnon to Ben Arfa and BAE

So the DGW36 team woould be...

Krul
    Vermaelen SKelly BAE
    Bale Dempsey Siggurdsson Ben Arfa
    Tevez RVP Cisse

Looks pretty much the same as ill have with the exception of Vorm in goals and Caulker for SKelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Wasn't planning on changing any midfield players this week, but with Arteta out for rest of season had to get rid of him.
    Brought in Petrov off Bolton as they have 2 games this wk & same next wk so surely he'll play in at 3 of them at least. Good crosser, and takes a few frees and Bolton really need wins from these games so should be attacking. Might work, worth a shot anyway as I couldn't see any better options for less than the 8M that I had to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I did my transfers late last Sunday night.

Rooney --> Tevez
    A. Young --> Dempsey (-4 points)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Dempsey wrote: »
    I did my transfers late last Sunday night.

Rooney --> Tevez
    A. Young --> Dempsey (-4 points)
    What?! Dempsey didn't have Dempsey?:pac:

• Advertisement

RB100 wrote: »
    What?! Dempsey didn't have Dempsey?:pac:

Long story short, no :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Fulham's Stephen Kelly has just been red flagged with an expected return date of the 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

SickBoy wrote: »
    Fulham's Stephen Kelly has just been red flagged with an expected return date of the 28th.

Cheers for the info, but did this really need to be splashed across three threads?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

anybody getting in Villa or Bolton players?

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Cheers for the info, but did this really need to be splashed across three threads?

:confused:

Probably not but better to be safe than sorry.
    Nothing would be worse than making a change and then realising he's crocked.

I already have Bogdan and thinking of getting in Wheater. Bolton have back to back DGWs which is tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Yep Artetas injury made me look at players worth 8 m or less. Petrov, eagles, Ireland & Mr Miachi kinda stood out...went with Petrov!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Do I leave Walcott in or do I take the plunge and bring Ben Arfa in this week?

I'll be bringing him in next week anyway.

Drogba has been ruled out of the match this weekend, good news for Vermaelen owners

• Advertisement

Drogba has been ruled out of the match this weekend, good news for Vermaelen owners

I doubt he'd have played anyway with the Barca match next week. Torres to start surely.

I doubt he'd have played anyway with the Barca match next week. Torres to start surely.

I know but at least we know he wont be coming off the bench to ruin the day! :D

Also reading that Luiz and Ivanovic are out with injury and suspension.

I know but at least we know he wont be coming off the bench to ruin the day! :D

Also reading that Luiz and Ivanovic are out with injury and suspension.

Didn't know about Ivanovic but Luiz was already ruled out anyway, no? Cahill will be ahead of him. All we need now is Cole and Cech to get injured overnight and Walcott and RVP will have a field day.

Was he? I didnt know. I have Song on the bench, nearly want to field him now

Was he? I didnt know. I have Song on the bench, nearly want to field him now

Yea fairly sure. He did his hammy last weekend I think and RDM ruled him out of the Barca match on Wednesday.

It was a pity really because I was looking forward to seeing Luiz cack his pants when he saw Messi running at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Really unsure as to whether to bring in Tevez or not, would be in place of either Rooney or RVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Really unsure as to whether to bring in Tevez or not, would be in place of either Rooney or RVP.

Wolves: Can't defend,no tactics,first choice 'keeper out,that's why I got Tevez in.

Walcott to outscore Ben Arfa?

Shane732 wrote: »
    Walcott to outscore Ben Arfa?

Hopefully not i just brought him in this week!!! :pac:...

Hopefully not i just brought him in this week!!! :pac:...

Likewise....

I was undecided as to whether I'd leave the sub for next week.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Likewise....

I was undecided as to whether I'd leave the sub for next week.

Hasn't done too much so far, hopefully he can bang a cheeky goal or at least grab an assist before this game ends!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Nani is a must now. Valencia has lost the plot. Just have to find some way of getting in him in. Hibbert looks good as well especially with dgw in view.

Jelavic needs to be brought in now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement