Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with holodiscs in the original Fallout

Options
  • 17-04-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

I got the original Fallout when it was free on gog.com. I've played through most of the game now but I have 8 holodiscs that I cant read. In the brotherhood they are telling me to read the holodisc to learn about their history. There's a walkthrough online that says to read the holodiscs but I can't find how to read them anywhere. If I equip them and try to use them it asks me on what, I click on the Vault Dweller and nothing happens. I examine it and all it says is that It is used to store data and can be read by your pip boy. So how do I read them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

As far as i remember you read it in the pipboy, not from the character itself. Just bring up the pipboy and click on each holodisc log. If i also recall, they are quite an interesting read and give some decent background to the story too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I don't have any holodisc longs in my pip boy, an in game character said you can only read them if your science skill is high enough but mine is at 60%

any books you can read to increase it? big book of science, or keep doing random encounters til you level again and put some points in there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yeah, I'll increase it when I'm on later, hopefully it works.

hope so too, but well, tbh if you're really stuck you could google them pretty easily, or check www.duckandcover.cx or www.nma-fallout.com for them.
    Some great info on nma about the original and fallout2 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement