Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7up bottle exploded

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Plek Trum wrote: »
    300?? 2ltrs?? :eek: I'd book a visit to the Dentist asap and also a visit to your GP to test for diabetes. Seriously - thats a shocking amount of crap to be putting in to your system. You would want to check out any underlying causes and potential damage. Not being smart...

I only drink 750ml max out of it haha you be surprised how much i waste like nearly full bottles get thrown out all the time. I buy the 2ltr's though because i can get thirsty really fast and 500ml ain't enough sometimes and lol i am really thin and have perfect teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Jesus lads, the way you're going on it's like the OP was raping donkeys.
    Consider there is a fault in the liquid rather than the bottle. What if the liquid somehow reacted with the bottle due to manufacturing defect? This could be a serious issue solved early.
    Fair play to the OP for alerting Britvic for whatever reason. Situation as I see it is if the product was faulty and proven to be then Britvic will be liable for reasonable damages, same as any other product.
    Simply because it sounds like the OP may have been a little numpty does not mean they were.
    Consider a washing machine that chewed all your clothes or handwash that burnt your skin (both real cases), if proven they are liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

also, if it was 7up free you should be fine, problem is not so much the liquid but the sugar.
    I once rescued a phone that was submerged in beer by taking the battery out, submerging fully in water 5 times to clean it then letting it dry very slowly in a ventilated room.
    I'm not telling you to do this you understand.

but go on, do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

chris2008x wrote: »
    Plek Trum wrote: »
    300?? 2ltrs?? :eek: I'd book a visit to the Dentist asap and also a visit to your GP to test for diabetes. Seriously - thats a shocking amount of crap to be putting in to your system. You would want to check out any underlying causes and potential damage. Not being smart...

I only drink 750ml max out of it haha you be surprised how much i waste like nearly full bottles get thrown out all the time. I buy the 2ltr's though because i can get thirsty really fast and 500ml ain't enough sometimes and lol i am really thin and have perfect teeth.

You might be really thin and have perfect teeth but you should get yourself tested for diabetes. That is a silly amount of 7up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

BTW... when the bottle "exploded" did the bottle split or did the cap come off (sorry if stated I may have missed it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I think this thread has lost its fizz!!!

sorry! - couldn't help it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

No way...

I feel a legendary thread brewing!!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

BrianD wrote: »
    Are you sure that this was the reason? There is no seal. Plastic PET bottles are one piece and "blow moulded" so no seams or parts (other than the lid) and they have always been made this way. Possible that there may have been a fault with the manufacturing process (one part of the bottle was thinner or some other production process was damaging the bottles).

Dont know what you call it tbh, the spot in the middle in the bottom was identified as the fault. This was maybe 06-07.

Lid popped off hit me in the face and it made a bang noise. When you don't expect it its scary i thought it was part of the radiator though it never works so i secondly thought from the roof until i seen a nearly empty bottle fizzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was lying down in my room with my best friend had 2ltr bottle of 7up on the bed and it just busted open. i correctly closed the cap etc before putting it there. Was there for over an hour and next thing it exploded and destroyed this laptop me and my phone. Have witnesses to verify this. What can i do to get my laptop repaired and them to foot the bill because it was obviously a defective product. The laptop survived but the display has watermarks in it. It just exploded like a bomb out of nowhere.

:confused: I hope this is an error and that you're not posting from beyond the grave.

• Advertisement

It destroyed my hair. I was just after highlighting it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,415 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It destroyed my hair. I was just after highlighting it

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

The op is right, I spotted a 7up delivery lorry at our local tesco, driver and forklift driver both wearing bomb disposal suits, area cordoned off for 50m radius. I asked what was goin on and was told tesco were getting some new liquad explosive devices in green 2lt bottles. There were ques of domestic and foreign lookin terrorists there to snap them up, how's the ordinary man supposed to get an exploding fizzy pop device if these feckers are buying them in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think the OP was just posting a thinly veiled brag about having a girl in his bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Mellor wrote: »
    I think the OP was just posting a thinly veiled brag about having a girl in his bedroom.

He could have at least posted photos of the witness.

Seems to be fading the watermarks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisrockstar/7092798011/

Poor quality because the Lumia is crap N8 was better

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - this is not AH. Keep it on topic please.

dudara

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Going back to the issue, even if you were able to prove that the bottle was faulty somehow, I don't think you would be reimbursed for consequential damage? Their liability would be limited to the cost of the bottle? Unless they did the gesture of good will thing, but a laptop repair is a bit of a stretch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

Lid popped off hit me in the face and it made a bang noise. When you don't expect it its scary i thought it was part of the radiator though it never works so i secondly thought from the roof until i seen a nearly empty bottle fizzing.

sounds like cap was not secured properly

a carbonated drink should not produce enough pressure to blow properly closed cap off unless its shaken, heated or some contaminantadded (e.g sugar, see mentos and coke)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 tammywilson52

Hey Chris you may not be able to prove that it burst because of faulty packing as bottle was opened once and closed by you…so it would be waste of time to follow up with the 7Up company.

Advertisement