Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dallas Cowboys Trade Block

Options
  • 17-04-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Here's the player(s) I'm putting on the trade block:

Chinedum Ndukwe - 78 - SS - Pot B - Speed 85, Acceleration 85, Jumping 90

My needs/areas I would to improve on, in order of most needed to least needed, are:

FS
    SS

Feel free to propose trades involving other players, but obviously the likes of Manning, Ngata and Larry Fitz will be going nowhere.

Cheers lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Jame Harrison ROLB 97 for your 93 CB?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I don't see a potential trade but a word of warning for the Cowboys. I think London Fletcher retires this year so you may want to add MLB to needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

empacher wrote: »
    Jame Harrison ROLB 97 for your 93 CB?

Sounds interesting.

However, I want to wait until after the progressions before doing anything as I'll need to see how my one of my rookie CB's progress because if they don't do anything I'll either need to keep Williams, or get another CB in as part of a trade I do.

I'm not guaranteeing anything but if the progressions go as I think they will then I may come back to that deal you've proposed mate, but feel free to sort something out with someone else if they offer you a deal that they're willing to do right now for Harrison, because the progressions might not go as I expect, I might change my mind in the future, or someone may offer me a better deal.
    matthew8 wrote: »
    I don't see a potential trade but a word of warning for the Cowboys. I think London Fletcher retires this year so you may want to add MLB to needs.

Cheers for that. I was thinking I'd be very lucky to get another season out of him. That's unfortunate as he's been excellent for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully, I'd like to propose something

Williams
    for

AC O'Neal, a rookie this year but will advance to 80 i would imagine.
    JD Walton C will go to over 80 with progression
    Atari Bigby SS doesnt see much gametime with Wilson in front of him.

Paully, I'd like to propose something

Williams
    for

AC O'Neal, a rookie this year but will advance to 80 i would imagine.
    JD Walton C will go to over 80 with progression
    Atari Bigby SS doesnt see much gametime with Wilson in front of him.

I like the look of this mate. We can talk more after the progressions :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers paully

Cheers paully

No worries Heli, there's no guarantees I will trade him though as like I said I'm pretty happy with my team as it is.

I'm the type of head coach that could easily go through the whole trade period without even doing one deal :pac:

I'm just holding out for progressions now to see how the ratings go.

That's fine paully O Neals progression will help me at cb so it won't such a problem position at that point anyway

Trade Block Updated:

Now that I've had a bit more time today to have a look through the statistics etc, I've decided to update my trade block.

My major need is a MLB as London Fletcher unfortunately retires at the end of this season (according to the internet and a few other people) so that leaves a big hole for me.

I've decided to stick with Studdard as C for next season as he's done well and there's no real need for me to change it, the same goes for Bullitt at SS.

So my major need is at MLB, and I would like to see what sort of opportunities arise to improve the LOLB, FS and ROLB positions.

As I said in the OP:

Ideally I'd like to trade Heath Miller first and foremost in a straight swap for a MLB rated in the high 80's or more.

Tramon Williams is one of the top 3 best rated players on my whole roster (behind Peyton Manning and Larry Fitz only), so if I trade him I need a playable replacement to come in along with at least another half decent player in the positions listed above, or the other way around.

Thanks lads! :)

Paully I may rejig my offer above as you are set at centre, have my game face on now but will be back after the colts game with something

• Advertisement

straight swap would leave me a bit down, Harrsison for Miller and draft pick? or maybe James Harrison 97 and antoine winfield CB 88 and Brad Mester C 85 for Miller 89 and Tramon Williams 93 and a first round draft pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Do you want Abram Elam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm interested in your DT Mebane. I've got Jackson MLB rated 83. Interested?

empacher wrote: »
    straight swap would leave me a bit down, Harrsison for Miller and draft pick? or maybe James Harrison 97 and antoine winfield CB 88 and Brad Mester C 85 for Miller 89 and Tramon Williams 93 and a first round draft pick?

After looking into it a bit further I'd be slightly worried about Harrison with his age and the fact he could easily regress during the progressions, or retire before our online franchise wraps up for Madden 13 if we get to play 2 more seasons after this one.

You're right in fairness a straight swap for Miller would leave you a bit down, but I definitely don't want to start trading 3 players each way in a deal.

What rating is Nick Barnett overall? He's listed as an 88 on League Manager and I might consider a straight swap for Miller with him if I can't sort something else.

I'll see if anything else develops with other clubs and if not I may be back to you mate.

Or Miller for Jackson?

He' an 88, Biggest strength is stopping the run. He was top 5 tackles 2 seasons ago. Would leave my top rated run defense a little shallow but that's the price I'll have to pay.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Do you want Abram Elam?

No thanks mate. Apart from being 1 better overall I don't see anything in him that's an improvement on my current FS, Zbikowski.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm interested in your DT Mebane. I've got Jackson MLB rated 83. Interested?

Definitely won't give up Mebane mate, he was a beast for me last season. If you're looking for a DT for your MLB Jackson I'd trade Pouha for him?

I think the ship has sailed on getting Gate so would you be interested in Miller for Jackson?

I think the ship has sailed on getting Gate so would you be interested in Miller for Jackson?

Unfortunately not mate. I think Empacher would do Heath Miller for his MLB Barnett (88 OVR) so I'd definitely go for that over Jackson if I do trade.

I could throw in a replacement TE and you your 2nd round draft pick?

• Advertisement

Any interest in a straight trade of Heath Miller for Brian Orakpo?

Paully what would you want for Nelson TE?

Paully what would you want for Nelson TE?

Don't want to trade him at all to be honest Heli.

My plan is to trade Miller to upgrade the linebacker position and then use Nelson as my starting TE.

Ok no worries man, looking for a back up TE for Finley, the search continues!

Paully D wrote: »

Any interest in a straight trade of Heath Miller for Brian Orakpo?

Unfortunately not mate. Can't let Orakpo go. I could offer you my 2nd and Jackson for Miller?

Unfortunately not mate. Can't let Orakpo go. I could offer you my 2nd and Jackson for Miller?

I've done a deal with the Eagles involving Miller and Williams mate, so those are off my trade block now.

Update:

Heath Miller and Tramon Williams are part of an agreed trade so they've been taken off my trade block.

Still kind of looking for a FS or a SS but there's not a massive need there for me so it would have to be a very good deal for me to do something.

I'd imagine that the trade I've done with the Eagles will likely conclude me contacting other teams for this off-season as I've filled my major needs now, but as always I'll listen to any proposal if someone thinks there's a deal that could be done.

Cheers.

The Cowboys newest signing strolls into town with his missus:

Chad-Ochocinco-33-Birthday-fiancee-Evelyn-Lozada.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Marco Melodic Rim

Paully D wrote: »
    The Cowboys newest signing strolls into town with his missus:

Chad-Ochocinco-33-Birthday-fiancee-Evelyn-Lozada.jpg

il give you a 2nd rounder for his missus:D

• Advertisement

il give you a 2nd rounder for his missus:D