Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile provider for incoming calls only

Options
  • 17-04-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Bit of a strange one this, but I need to use a mobile long-term for taking incoming calls only. I presume pre-pay is the way to go but as far as I'm aware different providers stipulate that you must either make calls or top up every so often or the number gets disconnected. Does anyone have experience here and know who the best provider is (i.e. cheapest and most hassle-free in the long-term)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the last time i checked o2 only require you to make a chargeable call every 6 months. this would be anything which reduces your credit by at least 1 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

MrThrifty wrote: »
    Bit of a strange one this, but I need to use a mobile long-term for taking incoming calls only. I presume pre-pay is the way to go but as far as I'm aware different providers stipulate that you must either make calls or top up every so often or the number gets disconnected. Does anyone have experience here and know who the best provider is (i.e. cheapest and most hassle-free in the long-term)?

So what kinda gear are you selling..

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

No gear, just emigrating and looking to leave voicemail active for a year or so! Thanks Random for de info...

Advertisement