Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA and social media.

Options
  • 17-04-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone,
    Any suggestions on where I can get some information either the GAA and social media, or both ideally? My MA will be looking at the adoption of social media by the GAA. How has the GAA adopted social media and why?

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated! I have looked on UCD and DIT library catalogues, DIT isn't bad but UCD had nothing really that spoke to my topic. Perhaps I m not looking in the correct place on the website (library/catalogues).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Not sure what kind of MA it is - perhaps a media one, but I would be surprised if there was any serious literature to be found in any libraries on a topic that is in its infancy.

Some of the county boards seem to use Twitter to give updates but whether there's a 15k word thesis to be done on it is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

I did my thesis on the The GAA and Changing Constructions of Contemporary Masculinity, Role Models and Irishness and did a chapter on media. PM if you would like a bit more about it. Its only an undergraduate though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Start from the GAA website and then spread out to the provincial, county and club websites. Also look at some of the general sports journalists and the GAA ones. Go into the GAA forum here on Boards, and look at some of the other major GAA fan websites, like Hill16, Reservoir Dubs and Hogan Stand, and also ones like anfearrua.com. Between all of those, lots of people will give you advice and you'll see social media in action.

Advertisement