Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking days off to study

• 17-04-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

When do you think it's acceptable to start staying at home a few days to study during school?I know it's a bit early at the moment..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Well I'm taking the rest of the week off to study for my Irish oral but I won't do it again until around mid-May I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

I've taking off two days this week for my Irish oral, because of the 40%. No days planned to take off for the French oral though.

I'd say try and stay in school, maybe take the odd day off if you're behind on your study plan. I just feel I concentrate more if I attend school during the day and do study at night time. It all depends on how you work best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I took the day off today in prep for my Irish Oral tomorrow, whenever you feel you'd benefit more from staying off then go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Im gonna start taking days off from the second week in may onwards. We haven't done much since christmas and I never really learn much at school, I'll learn more at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 iblamecoco

I've been taking a couple of days off during the week for the past two months, but only the days that I have less than three classes. For example I'd take Wednesdays off because I've only got two classes, but I'd never take fridays off because I have triple chemistry, double english, irish and biology. I feel I get much more done at home, I think it is easier to concentrate. And I cover more topics too because i use the time that i would usually be on my school bus (1.5 hours per day!) to study. I think at this stage of the game, we all know what works best for us, and I've seen a marked improvement in my grades since I started doing this, so I'm going to continue on this way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement