Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Central Locking Actuator on S40 Need to be programmed

• 17-04-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Recently replaced faulty central locking actuator on 2005 Volvo S40. Door now locks via key fob and associated door controls. Also appears to unlock i.e the push button pops up, however the door cannot be opened from the outside. In order to open the door from the outside you need to operate the inside handle first, however if you again operate the central locking i.e lock/unlock the outside handle does not work.

The replacement part was fom a dismantlers, does the unit need to be programmed to the car, like everything else on Volvos?

Any advise appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

No programming required

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jmcabally

Cheers,

My initial thought was that it was a dumb device i.e only recieves info.

Any idea why the outside door handle doesn't open the door when unlocked via central locking?

The handle works once door is opened via manual release which i assume means the link cable is fine.

Could the lock mechanism be getting stuck? The actuator actually pushes up the button but the mechanism remains closed.

Advertisement