Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out and the full maintenance grant

Options
  • 17-04-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hello, Long story short I am in my first year in college and hate my course and have decided to take on another next year. However I am also in receipt of the full maintenance grant. Could any one tell me the implications of dropping out in this late stage and what would it mean in regards to fees and the grant next year. Any help would be much obliged.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

you will have to pay full fees and you wont receive a grant next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3 adma

hi im doing the same. but im changing from a level 7 to level 8 course (hopefully will this make any difference? (please say it means i dont have to pay fees ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

if you've done any exams in your course you will have to pay full fees and you will get no grant next year. It doesn't matter if your going from a level 7 to a level 8. If you had dropped out of your course before you did exams before christmas you could've gone back the following September with full grants and fees paid. Happened to my brother he was stuck paying thousands when he wanted to go back

Advertisement