Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Following [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm finding Kevin Bacon's EE ads more convincing than this..

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I like it. I love how over the top it is - its exciting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This show is bonkers....but hecka fun! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That last ep was so unbelievable. Its kind of off the fecking wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Basq wrote: »
    I'm finding Kevin Bacon's EE ads more convincing than this.

I preferred his Logitech commercials:

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

This just keeps getting madder. There is so many plot holes. I like the way
    the cute, quiet, woman police officer was in on it the whole time and yet didn't make any effort last week to actually warn the people in the farm house the police were on the way.
    Joe Carroll must have spent every minute in prison being visited by candidates for his cult.

Still, if you switch off your brain it's enjoyable enough stuff. Does anyone know how many episodes they have planned for this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Scour.
    Too much suspension of disbelief.
    Series link deleted.

More ludicrous shenanigans ahoy.. renewed for a second season!
    New Girl and The Following have been given early renewals by Fox.

The US network has also ordered new seasons of Raising Hope and The Mindy Project.

The Following, which stars Kevin Bacon, premiered in January. Its second season is likely to return next midseason and will run for 15 episodes, in accordance with Bacon's deal.

Fox Chairman of Entertainment Kevin Reilly said: "From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding.

"Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I'm delighted to have this thrill ride continue on Fox for another season."

New Girl is Fox's highest-rated comedy and will return for a third season with stars Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris.

Reilly said of the three comedy recommissions: "We love working with these talented producers and casts who, week after week, create some of the funniest work on television.

"These shows are creatively vibrant, they have established a loyal and passionate audience and they will continue to define and grow the Fox comedy brand next season and beyond."
    Source: DigitalSpy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

The following episode was excellent.

song in the end o last 3 minutes is If I had a heart by Fever ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The following episode was excellent.

song in the end o last 3 minutes is If I had a heart by Fever ray.

The show is ridiculous at this stage, but any show that plays out on Fever Ray/The Knife deserves more viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Haven't watched today's episode yet but watched last weeks, whilst I enjoy the show like many others, I think the plot is getting a bit ridiculous at this point.

What age is the kid supposed to be? I assume 11-13. Now I don't know about yee, but when I was 11 I sure as hell would have realized after this amount of time that I'm being kidnapped. His mother told him on the Goddamn phone and when he ran away he was told by the people, what the **** is wrong with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I actually just turned the last ep off half way through. What started out as promising has turned into sub 24 standard shlock.

Pretty much every character in the show could just turn around and say "I'm one of the following too!"... its f*cking boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Giruilla wrote: »
    I actually just turned the last ep off half way through. What started out as promising has turned into sub 24 standard shlock.

Pretty much every character in the show could just turn around and say "I'm one of the following too!"... its f*cking boring.

It's probably the entire population of the US v the FBI (or some of the FBI). I'm expecting Joe Carroll for president soon, and he'll win by a landslide.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It's probably the entire population of the US v the FBI (or some of the FBI). I'm expecting Joe Carroll for president soon, and he'll win by a landslide.

I'm fully expecting either Joe's wife, Iceman or the FBI chick to turn out to be one of Joe's followers and totally shock everyone.. even though it won't really because nobody will care by that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Giruilla wrote: »
    I'm fully expecting either Joe's wife, Iceman or the FBI chick to turn out to be one of Joe's followers and totally shock everyone.. even though it won't really because nobody will care by that stage.
    There's something off about that character (Mike Weston) all right. That said, it could be a double-bluff and he's the only trustworthy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to the gay couple, one of them was stabbed?

There's something off about that character (Mike Weston) all right. That said, it could be a double-bluff and he's the only trustworthy one.

I'm thinking getting shot in the vest and waiting so long to come in and save Kevins Bacon from the magnets were a bit too accommodating.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What happened to the gay couple, one of them was stabbed?

They're probably hiding in the woods working out how they're going to pay back the head psycho woman for deserting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

This show is sooooo bad, it is basically just re-hashing the same episode week after week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Didn't expect
    Joe to be loose so soon
    but at this point they needed to do something.

I'm actually really enjoying it now but my brain is told to talk the dog for a walk when I sit down to watch it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Nobody watch the latest episode?

I'm enjoying it but can't see how they'll stretch it out for 2 seasons, particularly as the first is running for 15 episodes.

Don't think Roderic
    is going to take being bumped down to second in command too kidly either judging by his mood in front of the fire.

Risteard wrote: »
    Nobody watch the latest episode?

I'm enjoying it but can't see how they'll stretch it out for 2 seasons, particularly as the first is running for 15 episodes.

Don't think Roderic
    is going to take being bumped down to second in command too kidly either judging by his mood in front of the fire.

I watched it to give it one last chance... thats me done. Its cretinous viewing.
    It started out promising but can't believe the area its gotten in to now.
    Constantly using phrases like "you've no idea how big this is", "you've no idea what I've got in store for you" to try and keep the viewers hooked.

The show is basically a complete rip off of 24 but without the "realism".. which says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

I love this show though leaving reality behind for an hour is essential while watching it. Last nights episode the worst of the series IMHO, but great casting in Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy as good guy / bad guy

The
    kill me, I've made a couple of mistakes
    was the most ridiculous thing I've seen so far. If they carry on with this idea, and having shootouts with the feds, there will only be Joe left.

What they need now is a serial killer who likes killing serial killers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Gave up at episode 6. Seems like the sort of thing written by James Patterson.

• Advertisement

What is Ryan's bodycount now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What they need now is a serial killer who likes killing serial killers.

That would be Dexter, which is so much better than this travesty of a show. Maybe he will show up and get rid of the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Gave up on this after episode 4, a shame as it could have been decent but despite the presence of Bacon and Purefoy it's just way too stupid and there are far better shows we could be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 proplayer

I mean of all the FBI and law enforcement has anybody killed a cult member besides Ryan? The show after a good start has turned into a travesty. I actually find myself still watching to see how worse it can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it actually improved a bit once Joe got loose. It's still not stellar but feels like a different show now than the one I started watching. Seeing as 24 has been mentioned, I'd love to see Kiefer let loose on the case. They'd have Joe tortured and killed within hours. It's a pity Bacon didn't get a better vehicle for his talent this time.

• Advertisement

I still watch in part due to a lack of good cop shows on TV. Criminal Minds gone downhill, Blue Bloods is OK while I really like The Mentalist

The biggest mystery with The Following is how come so many of the guys are attracted to that chick Emma ??

Haven't watched the last two... got bored of it actually!
    The biggest mystery with The Following is how come so many of the guys are attracted to that chick Emma ??
    Indeed... got the face and body of a 12 year old boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

True! You'd think Joe would have rustled up a bit more skirt as well him being the charismatic prisoner type! She didn't look too bad in the book store at the signing but I wouldn't be joining a cult for her anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I still watch in part due to a lack of good cop shows on TV.

Southland. No idea of Irish schedules but if you haven't been watching this I would recommend it.

I'm shipping Ryan and Joe big time they have amazing chemistry :P

Season 1 finale on Monday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Season 1 finale on Monday....

2 more after that one .15 altogether

Jax Teller wrote: »
    2 more after that one .15 altogether

Thought it was 13 eps..... :confused::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I loved The Following for the first 6/7 episodes. I'm losing patience now. Kevin Bacon still had it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

This series is very very poor. Really unbelievable tactics from the FBI, poor storyline and diagloue, and the just in time timing of arrivals of baddies or cops is far too consistant = amatuer hour. Real life event: a former cop in California kills a couple of people and the whole state are out looking for him. The Following: a cult responsible for many more murders and more threatened are persued by the keystone cops. Having said that I watched every episode so far in the hope it improves :o

• Advertisement

I hope Emma is next to be killed off, come on Jacob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Gave up after ep 6 .Very far fetched .

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

Another almost good episode ruined by the most incompetent police in the world, they actually all deserve to die at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was actually very surprised that they killed off that character so soon. Especially after hearing so much about him before his introduction. thought they would keep having them miss each other for a couple of episodes at least.

Personally, I don't see how this show can stretch it's story out another season.

Agree. I'll watch till this season over but if it's another 'The Killing' where they stretch out the story and then don't even resolve it then I'll probably give it the same treatment i.e. not bother watching again, though Bacon and Joe are better than anything from that show.

Surprised tbh by Roderick’s death but was it Weston that killed him I couldn't see

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surprised tbh by Roderick’s death but was it Weston that killed him I couldn't see

It was one of the guys that Joe sent with Jacob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have watched all the episodes in this. Anyone else completely fed up with this series? A lot of nonsense and pitiful scenes; unrealistic scenes. Where's is it all going?

Edit: Seems many are completely fed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

The Following - The show that redefines "Safe House".

• Advertisement

Given the absurdity of the show, I would not rule out Roderick having a bullet-proof vest on and is in fact not dead. He was one of the best characters on the show, while the FBI are the most inept set of agents in TV history!

Advertisement