Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Following [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good episode! One to go. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thanks be to god it's almost over. A complete waste of my time. One of the weakest shows I have ever seen.

You mustn't watch too much TV, dude.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, I've reached the end of my tether at this stage. It just continues to get more and more stupid with each passing show. How many times has Carroll been stabbed at this stage? You'd think Claire would have managed to get in a fatal or at least a severly debilitating blow at this point. The cult are morons, and so is the FBI. I just can't see how in the world this was let go on with a second season. I think it's this year's Touch for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can't wait till next week when they find the agent buried alive when checking the woods. They manage to kidnap her and tie her up. They bury her and don't gag her knowing the police will be searching the woods for her.

Also Joe let's his wife hands free instead of asking a cult member to open the bottle. Some of the things are just ridiculous.

Well at least this week somebody besides Ryan killed a cult member that's a change instead of him always being the person to kill everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was hoping Claire or Jacob would have killed Emma this episode but instead Emma killed off Jacob :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is beyond ridiculous though.

FBI: Hey, here's some location that's really important to the cult. Should we sent a SWAT team of 50 armed to the teeth with all sorts of weapons?
    Kevin Bacon: Nah, I'll go with two others. What's the worst that could happen?
    FBI: Eh, we've done that about 10 times now and every time an agent dies, gets shot or stabbed but sure, what the hey.

*At the scene where there could be a bunch of extremely dangerous cult members*

Some FBI agent: Holy crap, a noise!
    Kevin Bacon: Let's split up.
    Some FBI agent: But we do that all the time and every time we do someone gets shot, stabbed or killed but sure, what the hey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I think this show has to be one of the worst I have seen in a long time. For a show that promised so much at the beginning it is becoming farcical now. Are the FBI really that inept?
    2 shows ago when the three agents went to the house and Carroll and Jacob outwitted them???????????

To be honest, with the example of the Boston bombing which, in fairness was a Priority 1 case, I think though we can reasonably assume that the federal law enforcement agencies in the US know their stuff. The FBI in this show are really just a comedy charicature of the real agency. Christ on a bike, they should just put a laugh track on the show at this point.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Yeah, I've reached the end of my tether at this stage. It just continues to get more and more stupid with each passing show. How many times has Carroll been stabbed at this stage? You'd think Claire would have managed to get in a fatal or at least a severly debilitating blow at this point. The cult are morons, and so is the FBI. I just can't see how in the world this was let go on with a second season. I think it's this year's Touch for me.

Unreal. Why did she use a fork on him? He was flat on the ground in distress, and she has a knife but doesn't use it. What does she want to do? Tickle him. BTW, how many escapes have there been in this show where the escapee keeps getting caught? And, at the end of the episode Joe was as fresh as a daisy.:rolleyes: It's littered with nonsense

Bacon's acting seems pretty weak. The lead FBI female is dire. She never changes emotion from scene to scene. Even in the face of serious danger her voice is the exact same. No conviction at all.

Exactly! She dithered around enough in that scene. She could very easilly have at least seriously wounded him there. Stepping back a bit, he's already decided he's going to kill Claire and has already gone to the trouble of phoning Ryan to tell him about it (again, very stupid IMHO), so JUST KILL HER! Stop dithering and kill her if you're going to kill her or let her off. Heaven's sake! What's this latest rubbish about the boat trip? Looks like he's going to bring her off for a boat trip, kill her and dump her at sea. He's already a conviced murder on the run so it's not like he's trying to evade being fingered for her death so, just can the whole drawn out death at sea bollox and JUST FUPPIN' KILL HER!

Why not just kill her like the rest of the killings? Why the James Bond villain style killing?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

walshb wrote: »
    Why not just kill her like the rest of the killings? Why the James Bond villain style killing?

Because they don't want to kill her off and Ryan needs to save her. Eh, I mean because this is how the story in my book (conveniently) plays out, Mr Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Well, interesting ending though I did think it was going to happen. Still don't understand how they can possibly get another season out of this. Unless Emma regroups and starts another.

Carroll is alive. The boathouse was over water and he jumped through some sort of trapdoor (or was blown clear and got away). Either way, he needs to be in season 2 for the show to work.

Very surprised about Debra - I like it when shows aren't afraid to kill the good guys. I think the last show that pulled that off really well was 24, so fair play to the writers for taking a risk. Good ending too.

So yeah. Dumber than a box of rocks, but great fun. :)

Why did Carroll when pushed to the floor just look up and lay their in the middle of the flames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

That was terrible, terrible terrible.

No way is Joe dead :eek: The show needs James Purefoy

I don't buy Carroll's dead either. Claire probably isn't dead as well. I really don't think I'll be partaking of Season 2 though. My bet is we'll have 2-5 episodes of wacko cell #2 doing their thing, possibly with a link up to Emma and what's left of her gang of crazies, then the dramatic reveal that Carroll is still alive. He's probably writing a movie script next season though. :). Just the most awful trash I've seen in a long time, well, since Touch anyway. Why do so many good shows get the chop while dross like this is left to linger on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Tina Sparkle

I liked it, was hooked every week. I do think the second season will be Emma continuing the cult in Joes honor. I thought the ending last night was great... Will they live or die? Looking forward to the next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hugely disappointed with this show, first 5 eps were gripping but last night was pure brutal - the acting on display for the majority of the series was excruciatingly bad as was the writing.

Series 2?
    Good luck with that!

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Hugely disappointed with this show, first 5 eps were gripping but last night was pure brutal - the acting on display for the majority of the series was excruciatingly bad as was the writing.

Series 2?
    Good luck with that!

That's what puzzles me. Ok, the writing and directing and plot is just pure drivel, however, the actors match it. They are useless. It's so so wooden. Bacon included. An actor I liked in many films.

I liked it, was hooked every week. I do think the second season will be Emma continuing the cult in Joes honor. I thought the ending last night was great... Will they live or die? Looking forward to the next season.

That sounds even more brutal than Season 1 in fairness! I think I shall politely decline :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

How very very average. Hannibal will probably get cancelled and this will end up into the fifth series.

squonk wrote: »
    That sounds even more brutal than Season 1 in fairness! I think I shall politely decline :)

Emma should have been killed off

Are most of the cult now killed off or caught. Also Joe brainwashed them why would they listen to Emma. I don't think Joe is dead. But still what is the point of next season. I presume Claire is dead and Ryan is probably still alive. So next season the DNA won't match Joe and Ryan will go all out to kill him in revenge over Claire. Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think next season will start off with showing how Ryan and Claire get out of their current situation. Then it will skip ahead a few months when Joe's new book has been published after the manuscript somehow made it to a publisher. This will then lead to a new cult being built and the reappearance of Joe..

And why do they always stab people in the stomach?

I was sure they were going to dig up the coffin and it would be empty, except for the envelope while Parker was elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I can't believe I kept watching this..

Even though it was consistently bad throughout, I just wanted to see where they'd go with it.. hours of my life wasted for that finale ha!

I will not be coming back for season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Joe's Book becomes published. International bestseller, widely acclaimed. Joe isn't dead . Escapes to some country where he can't be extradited. Taunts Ryan after Claire is presumably dead aand about his new success thaking him for the inspiration.

Ryan writes his own book which is even better than Joes, just to **** him over.

Then it's season 3 time.

Natalie Zea is to return to The Following after striking
    a last-minute deal, it has been reported.

The Kevin Bacon horror drama
    shot two endings to its first season finale, one in which Zea's character Claire
    was killed and one in which she survived.

Though the actress and series creator Kevin
    Williamson were in favour of the character dying, Fox executives insisted on her
    survival, TV Guide claims.

"My concern, and Kevin Williamson's concern, was
    always, is there more story to tell with Claire? And we both discovered that
    maybe there wasn't," Zea said.

However, following last-minutes changes,
    Zea will appear in The Following's second season - though the length of her
    stint is yet to be confirmed.

"I feel like what would need to happen [for
    Claire to continue] would be a change to her DNA," Zea continued. "In other
    words, she might have to break bad a little bit."

The former Justified
    star recently signed up for a role on hit new CBS drama Under the
    Dome.

The Following will return to Fox in the US and Sky Atlantic in the
    UK in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Bit of info on what the spoiler contains would be great Liz .

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Bit of info on what the spoiler contains would be great Liz .

Season 2 casting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I was disappointed that Bacon didn't put yer man in the coffin and bury him alive instead of just shooting him.

I am evil.

Some bad casting news there! Why this show is allowed go on is entirely beyond me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I'll still look at it anyway. Looked at the first series in a few weeks. Might watch the new one week by week but I wouldn't be on the edge wondering what's going to happen next if I do that anyway. It's a good way to pass 40 minutes though!

Keith Carradine, James McDaniel and Jessica Stroup join for Season 2 arcs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Back with a creepy bang.

It is back Tuesday on Sky Atlantic

• Advertisement

Wasn't a bad episode i will give it a chance. Was half expecting his niece to be in the cult the way the show went last season. Hopefully it's a bit better than last season.

Enjoyed that a lot. The twins are creepy as hell....
    Nuts102 wrote:
    Hopefully it's a bit better than last season.

Last season was great, so I'm 100% behind you on that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Natalie Zea is to return to The Following after striking
    a last-minute deal, it has been reported.

The Kevin Bacon horror drama
    shot two endings to its first season finale, one in which Zea's character Claire
    was killed and one in which she survived.

Though the actress and series creator Kevin
    Williamson were in favour of the character dying, Fox executives insisted on her
    survival, TV Guide claims.

"My concern, and Kevin Williamson's concern, was
    always, is there more story to tell with Claire? And we both discovered that
    maybe there wasn't," Zea said.

However, following last-minutes changes,
    Zea will appear in The Following's second season - though the length of her
    stint is yet to be confirmed.

"I feel like what would need to happen [for
    Claire to continue] would be a change to her DNA," Zea continued. "In other
    words, she might have to break bad a little bit."

The former Justified
    star recently signed up for a role on hit new CBS drama Under the
    Dome.

The Following will return to Fox in the US and Sky Atlantic in the
    UK in 2014.

So obviously that news was wrong then! What are the twins in? Creepy as heel but I recognise them from some other show. Let's face it, its just a ridiculous show,but can be a laugh to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

tvnutz wrote: »
    What are the twins in? Creepy as heel but I recognise them from some other show.

It's 1 actor, he's in Homeland S3 as
    Dana Brody's boyfriend (Season 3 from the psych hospital she's in at the start,
    please, no-one spoil S3 Homeland, thanks).

He's also in Dexter's final season as
    The kid who Dexter is "training"

I think it's not twins actually, I just think it's a ham fisted way of showing that the character is bi-polar or has schizophrenia. I mean "Mark" and "Luke".

The masks were creepy, and I actually thought the same as above, the niece is a cultist imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I think it's not twins actually, I just think it's a ham fisted way of showing that the character is bi-polar or has schizophrenia. I mean "Mark" and "Luke".

The masks were creepy, and I actually thought the same as above, the niece is a cultist imo.

Good while since I've seen the episode with the twins, but they were definitely separate people afaik?

Good while since I've seen the episode with the twins, but they were definitely separate people afaik?

what? They are new characters in the first episode of Season 2.

What are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

what? They are new characters in the first episode of Season 2.

What are you talking about?

Ahhh sorry didn't realise it had started back, dunno why, but I was thinking of twins from a different show, apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok opener but far from great, should have maybe been a double episode so we got a bit more from it?

Just really hard to know what route it's going to take, I got the impression that maybe Joe ain't going to be the focus this time, with Bacon keeping his stuff to himself and working on his own , maybe he and Joe team up to take out these new young pretenders :D

Unlikely ...... but I wouldn't be overly surprised if it did go that route at least for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Joe is not the only one with his own cult now. I'm thinking Ryan might have his own now.

was it not on this week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement