Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Following [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

was it not on this week?
    Was on in the States last night. Decent episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Was on in the States last night. Decent episode.

Ah, thought it was on Sundays.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well I saw everything that was going to happen in this episode well before it happened.

It moved thing on but it's starting to become very repetitive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Well I saw everything that was going to happen in this episode well before it happened.

It moved thing on but it's starting to become very repetitive now.

It's not hard to know what's going to happen when 9 out of every 10 new character get's close to Ryan and is in the cult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Looks like its been set up for a Ryan vs Joe (+ his new ready made cult members) onslaught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder could Joe be the twins daddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I have to say I like the guy who plays the twins. Sam Underwood is brilliantly cast and displays a great range in playing the duel roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm calling it now - Mark and Luke we've met, but I have a feeling that we will soon meet Matthew and John (quadruplets).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Season 2 has been excellent so far, much more twisted and darker than S1

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    Season 2 has been excellent so far, much more twisted and darker than S1

Its a lot less farcical than Season 1, though I enjoyed season 1, the use of logic was absurb. This season is by no means great either in terms of logic but its a lot more realistic and plausable.

Im enjoying it anyway, 5 episodes in.

Also
    Joe Carroll bears a resemblance to WWEs Bray Wyatt character at the start of season 2

The latest episode was excellent. It's a popcorn TV show, pure entertainment as long as you don't try to pick holes in the storyline. Sit back, switch off your brain and just enjoy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Love the way how this season the good guys are turning to be killers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I was going to make this comment myself. This season Kevin Bacon seems to have killed more people than all the bad guys put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What i like is it's not just Ryan on his own chasing down everybody. It was becoming boring where Ryan was the only person who attacked or killed a cult member. Really liked Mike beating the crap out of the cult member this week spiced it up instead of just Ryan being obsessed about taking down the cult.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    What i like is it's not just Ryan on his own chasing down everybody. It was becoming boring where Ryan was the only person who attacked or killed a cult member. Really liked Mike beating the crap out of the cult member this week spiced it up instead of just Ryan being obsessed about taking down the cult.

I loved bad ass Mike this week :p

• Advertisement

Micah and his cult were a tad ott imo and Micah's wife looks very like Lily

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Micah and his cult were a tad ott imo and Micah's wife looks very like Lily

She reminds me more of Janine butcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The "choose me choose me" scene was like Monthy Python doing Eyes Wide Shut

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

I'm over the cult already, that Micah chap is doing my head in. Although it looks like Joe can now get him to do pretty much anything he wants....should make it more interesting.

Enjoying the season so far though, like some alluded to above, its just mindless entertainment. With so may 'complex' shows out at the moment its nice to just watch something that doesn't require any effort to view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I'm really enjoying season 2 so far but Micah and that compound lark is just ridiculous. That storyline needs to finish in the next episode or two.

• Advertisement

Mike and Max are so going to hook up

Good to see Gregg Henry

Mike and Max are so going to hook up

I'm sure I didn't see that coming myself :P

I'd have preferred Claire stay dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd have preferred Claire stay dead

But you could see it coming from a mile away. That's the whole problem with the show you can see everything coming.

It's fun and a popcorn show but sadly the writing is so crap.

Fücking seriously!!!???

Yes, could see it coming from miles away, but honestly, what purpose could this storyline possibly serve???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I really didnt see that coming!? How could she be alive?? Did I miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Terrible move bringing Claire back imo, although I must admit I didn't see it coming.

The latest episode (12) is possibly the darkest so far.
    I was fairly shocked at Mandy's death

The s--t is going to hit the fan next week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Mr E wrote: »
    The s--t is going to hit the fan next week. :)

We can only hope. This show is always promising that big things are just around the corner but it very rarely pays off. Three episodes left this year and it's been renewed for next year suggests that we wont see a resolution for a while yet. I'm very close to dropping this, if Kevin Bacon wasn't in it I'd already have done so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The general quality of the show seems to have improved a lot this season. It would be nice to get at least a little resolution before the end of this season though. I didn't realise there were only 3 episodes left, which doesn't give Joe much time to get the cult fired up and sent out on a killing spree.

(I haven't seen this weeks episode yet)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

bluesfan wrote: »
    We can only hope. This show is always promising that big things are just around the corner but it very rarely pays off. Three episodes left this year and it's been renewed for next year suggests that we wont see a resolution for a while yet. I'm very close to dropping this, if Kevin Bacon wasn't in it I'd already have done so.

Yeah , last year there was something really big going to happen. It ended up being an attack on a community center amd a burned lighthouse. Woeful show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

How did this even get a second series? The first one was atrocious. I watched 6 episodes, and it's a few hours of my life that I'll never get back.

I hope Claire and Carrie are the next victims Joe has killed

Emma is interesting more this season imo

It's becoming choreful to watch. The 40 minute episodes are seeming to last at least double that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I really want Joe to kill Emma....am i bad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Not really. Out of all the characters in the whole show I want her to die. She really is a piece of work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MJ23 wrote: »
    How did this even get a second series? The first one was atrocious. I watched 6 episodes, and it's a few hours of my life that I'll never get back.

It's like a car crash, it's so bad. I just can't believe how bad it has become from such a good start and initial idea. At the moment it looks like 99% of Americans are serial killers, and cops are of the keystone variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Hey Claire, no one can know you're alive"
    "Hey Ryan, Claire's alive"
    "Hey Max, Claire's alive"
    "Hey Carrie, the news reporter that's always looking to get exclusives by any means, Claire's alive"

Someone's not doing their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Must have seen this video 100 times and not noticed , only earlier did miss calex see it and say "Oh look it's emma from following"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

No - she pretty much serves no purpose in the show

a woefully written and terribly acted role
    pajopearl wrote: »
    It's becoming choreful to watch. The 40 minute episodes are seeming to last at least double that.

I agree - the show was supposed to be about a cult of serial killers but since the middle of the first season it has just been about terrorism

I the first season started great and ended okay-ish but this year has become ridiculous - Hardy is the worst FBI agent in the history of TV, he has got a load of FBI agents killed and maimed and even though the mole is gone and the whole world knows he is in charge of the manhunt he still has his apartment as his HQ

I'm a bit of a completist though and usually have to see things to end of a season

James Purefoy seems immune to whole mess - no matter the sorry state of the story he is turning in a great performance - the phone call with Lily Grey about Mandy and his anger with Emma afterwards were great scenes (I really thought - and hoped - that his was gut Emma just then)

it disappointing that a TV show that has Bacon and Purefoy is such a mess

AND COULD HARDY AND WESTON STOP PUTTING THREE BULLETS IN EVERY FOLLOWERS CHEST - ONE BULLET IS ENOUGH AND THEN YOU ASK QUESTIONS :D

Is Max one of the Joe's followers too?

that would fit the logic - or lack thereof - that the writing staff seem to possess

the show is a great concept with two great lead actors but they seem to only be interested in fitting as many "plot twists" into forty minutes as they can - irrelevant of whether they are clever or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be honest, I couldn't even tell you for certain if I'm one of Joe's followers until someone reveals it out of nowhere.

So is this still one of the dullest and most idiotic shows on TV? Every time I consider watching it I recall just how poor the episodes I watched were and think is be better off re-watching the Shield or The Wire

CastorTroy wrote: »
    To be honest, I couldn't even tell you for certain if I'm one of Joe's followers until someone reveals it out of nowhere.

:)

• Advertisement

So is this still one of the dullest and most idiotic shows on TV? Every time I consider watching it I recall just how poor the episodes I watched were and think is be better off re-watching the Shield or The Wire

watch The Blacklist - it is insanely clever, written and interesting - it is pretty much the opposite of The Following :rolleyes:

watch The Blacklist - it is insanely clever, written and interesting - it is pretty much the opposite of The Following :rolleyes:

I've been watching the Blacklist and it's none of those. It's yet another generic thriller that skates by on the charms of a season character actor. I find myself losing interest mid episode far too often and earlier tonight I say down to watch episode 14 and honestly couldn't remember if I watched all of episode 13. I can still tell you about episodes of Oz, a show I haven't watched since it aired yet struggle to recall any episode of the Blacklist bar the Joe Carnahan one

I've been watching the Blacklist and it's none of those. It's yet another generic thriller that skates by on the charms of a season character actor. I find myself losing interest mid episode far too often and earlier tonight I say down to watch episode 14 and honestly couldn't remember if I watched all of episode 13. I can still tell you about episodes of Oz, a show I haven't watched since it aired yet struggle to recall any episode of the Blacklist bar the Joe Carnahan one

what's a "character actor"?

what's a "character actor"?

It's generally an actor who plays odd and unusual characters.

It's generally an actor who plays odd and unusual characters.

I don't get it - it's term I hear quite a bit and it makes less sense than a plot twist on The Following.

every actor plays an odd or unusual character at some point or another - most fictional characters are odd and unusual

hell most people are unusual

• Advertisement
Advertisement