Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Following [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

No sleep last night and figuring that to try so now would ruin the day means that I thought I'd watch done TV. accidently hit The Following on netflix and was about to turn it off when I heard the reassuring voice of Keith Carradine meaning that I'm going to have to continue watching even though I decided to give up once more on the show.

Up to episode 10 of series 2 and there's a few interesting ideas in play and a nice emphasis on some seasoned character actors in supporting roles. The show is still a complete and utter mess with nonsensical plot lines, a group of killers who are amongst the dumbest people you will ever see and two leads that are far above this. Purefoy is really good here, his speeches are always well worth the time they take and are about the only thing that keeps my attention on the screen. There really is a great show in here, a little more emphasis on writing and a little less on gratuitous violence and you'd be half way there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 3 kicks off with a double bill on March 7th at 9pm on Sky Atlantic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Holy Jesus, how are people still watching this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Holy Jesus, how are people still watching this?

LOL! I just thought the same thing. I hung in for dear life til the end of Season 1 and couldn't come back. Once I saw there was a new post on this thread my first thought was "Oh god is that shít kicking off again!". :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It's one of my guilty pleasure shows. I would never admit to watching it because it's so terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to remember, did Joe die and did the reporter and Kevin break up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Jaysis some people are so up themselves, it's a decent show, more comedy than thriller if you allow yourself to free yourself from the nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 kicks off tonight Stateside I'll give it an episode or two because of the trailer but not expecting great things really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well that wasn't awful. Saying that, i felt like the characters were all trying to keep a straight face while I was watching it, knowing they will be back to being loose cannons next week, week after at the latest. I'm guessing roles will be reversed this time with Mike being the bad cop and ryan trying to keep him cool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah pretty good start. I wonder how long before we have James Purefoy hamming it up once again? I expect a mid-season jailbreak. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Why do I keep watching this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Why do I keep watching this?

If you find out - please let me know!

Weddings and the Following, always a bad mix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

seen this last nite. I lost interest in it half way. I think they should have finished it up last season. I can't see how they will make it different from the last two seasons

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 3 kicks off with a double bill on March 7th at 9pm on Sky Atlantic

I don't think it was a double :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Lily and Emma will probably resurrect sometime around mid season as well as Joe. They'd want to bring in Rick Grimes and co. to sort out all the walkers on this show.

duridian wrote: »
    Lily and Emma will probably resurrect sometime around mid season as well as Joe. They'd want to bring in Rick Grimes and co. to sort out all the walkers on this show.

Is Rick Grimes still alive? now there's a show going nowhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't think it was a double :o

The air dates on imdb is listed as the same for the first two episodes but i dont see any evidence that the second one was actually aired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Is Rick Grimes still alive? now there's a show going nowhere

Oh yeah he is. He even had a sh!t, shave and shower last week.

duridian wrote: »
    Oh yeah he is. He even had a sh!t, shave and shower last week.

And a cheeky kiss :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

It just gets worse and worse yet I can't stop watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I really like the new villain, he's the only reason I'm still watching it.

I really like the new villain, he's the only reason I'm still watching it.

His eyes are so sexy

Michael Ealy is great in everything he is in.

Yeah big fan. I've enjoyed the last few episodes because of him. Great character.

I think it's coming good again enjoy looking at it. I say max's boyfriend will turn into a good story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

His eyes are so sexy

Not the reason I had in mind :pac:

The character is a bad ass, and Michael Ealy is a solid actor. I've never seen him play the bad guy before. Really suits him!

Not the reason I had in mind :pac:

The character is a bad ass, and Michael Ealy is a solid actor. I've never seen him play the bad guy before. Really suits him!

where do people know this guy from ? I dont see anything mainstream in his film and tv work.

where do people know this guy from ? I dont see anything mainstream in his film and tv work.

Try and find the TV series from about 10 years ago or so called Sleeper Cell it was truly great, he was also in Almost Human from last season which another show cancelled to soon.

• Advertisement

Sleeper Cell was terrific. Michael Ealy vs. Oded Fehr was great TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Why am I still watching this show!? :confused::eek::P

It probably is one of the worst shows I have ever seen yet I still have to watch and see how it pans out. I'd say the actual FBI or anyone involved in law enforcement in the US must despise this show because it portrays them all as the most inept bunch of morons ever! The ease of the how the killers get away with stuff and just generally how stupid the FBI are. Max's fella taking the laptop because she was cheating on him...yeh...ok.

The hacker lad can now stop a car from working can he? I thought it was something from an alien invasion show where they could interfere with technology to have the car stop working but this hacker lad is so good he can now stop cars from working through a computer somehow...jaysus!

tvnutz wrote: »
    Why am I still watching this show!? :confused::eek::P

It probably is one of the worst shows I have ever seen yet I still have to watch and see how it pans out. I'd say the actual FBI or anyone involved in law enforcement in the US must despise this show because it portrays them all as the most inept bunch of morons ever! The ease of the how the killers get away with stuff and just generally how stupid the FBI are. Max's fella taking the laptop because she was cheating on him...yeh...ok.

The hacker lad can now stop a car from working can he? I thought it was something from an alien invasion show where they could interfere with technology to have the car stop working but this hacker lad is so good he can now stop cars from working through a computer somehow...jaysus!

while i agree that the show is much (enjoyable muck mind) this bit wasnt totally off the wall. police vehicles would have a tracker fitted (something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoJack ). This and similar systems can be used to remotely stop a vehicle.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

I can't see it being renewed now.

I found Kevin Bacon's skinny arms so funny when he was going to fight 5 guys in a prison.

I predict one of Joe's followers worked in the prison and swapped out the drugs for something less terminal.

Ryan will have a chat with one of his imaginary Joes over the next 5 episodes and will get a surprise.

I will miss James Purefoy’s great chemistry with Kevin Bacon, I like Ealy as Theo but Joe will be missed but I think Ryan will keep seeing Joe

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Awww! I assume therefore they don't even get an ending! Because its hilarious! The black swat agent killing the other FBI agent over the stolen laptop is so funny it should get its own spin off show! jaysus!

RIP :-(

Well it was only a matter of time before
    Mike
    bit the bullet.

Definitely winding down now... double next week then it's over forever.

• Advertisement

Dont think there will be any happy ending for Ryan bar him getting Theo - he's going to end up a lonely recovering alco it would seem

Great pair of episodes and a decent ending to the storyline.
    All loose ends tied up (apart from Eliza), so it was as good as we could have hoped for.

Needed one last blast of James Purefoy for old times sake, though. :)

Vigilante Ryan would have made an interesting season to be honest it.

Vigilante Ryan would have made an interesting season to be honest it.

We should email Netflix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Jaysus, that's up there wither the Dexter ending.

Ah no, better than Dexter - no doubt about that.

Great ending - spinoff show maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The worst show in living memory

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The worst show in living memory

Ah bugger off :-)

It wasn't the best show but I really enjoyed it. Going to miss it. I wonder will be there a spin off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement