Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial scar help

Options
  • 17-04-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

After hours might not be the place for this so feel free to move
    Just wondering does anyone know of any products or procedures that would help with the healing of a facial scar? It's 3 months old, required plastic surgery following a car accident. It's a long thin scar from ear hole down along the cheek bone about 3-4 inches long(actually cut right through the lip of cartilage at the front of the ear). Improving all the time but still very noticeable. I've been massaging with bio-oil and vitamin E regimentally daily, as well as applying a silicon based gel morning and night too. Am also wondering about services that beauticians etc provide for women with bodily scars etc as don't know much about any of these procedures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Give me a second Lambasted, I'll see if there is anything we can do for you.

EDIT. Moved to Beauty

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Reminder to all posters that medical advice is not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got some scars on my face from a dog bite 5 years ago. The marks were smaller than yours though. I used Bio Oil too but I didn't notice a radical difference. The best thing really is time I think. I can't see most of them now (there were 4 scars, one for each canine tooth!).

I would have a chat with your plastic surgeon as there may be some products that he could recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You can get laser to reduce the appearance of scars but at only 3 months old it's still very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

I used Bio-Oil on a fairly old scar on my arm and it did help a lot, but it takes a long while and you need to be consistent with it, as you have been! Worth sticking with in the interim period while you're looking for other solutions.

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Dermablend concealer would help to cover up/disguise the scar. I think you can get it in SamMcCauleys and other chemists but I don't think Boots stock it. Do a search for "dermablend Zombie boy". He's covered in tattoos and dermablend covers them up. Not sure how much it costs but it's €20/30 at most.

Bio oil as the others have said is always recommended for scars but dermablend should help conceal the scar.

Advertisement