Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

primera p12 key fob

• 17-04-2012 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just a quick question for anyone in the know, How much would it be to get the key fob of a primera p12 replaced as the current one is f**ked. I know the best thing to do is to ring nissan but im just adding up things that i need to do to get the car right so ill have a rough idea as to what it may cost.

Any help would be great,

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

are the microswitches inside the fob ****ed or is it just the plastic external switch.

If its the latter then its a cheap enough fix:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NISSAN-REMOTE-KEY-FOB-CASE-ALMERA-MICRA-PRIMERA-X-TRAIL-/290639441912?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item43ab75eff8

take the internals out of the fob and see if the microswitches on the PCB work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

The outside of the fob is all pushed in and worn away and even if i try and work the key remotely with the case off it still doesnt work... so im just wondering what the best thing is to do

S28382 wrote: »
    The outside of the fob is all pushed in and worn away and even if i try and work the key remotely with the case off it still doesnt work... so im just wondering what the best thing is to do

Happened to my dads P11 and its still ballsed on both keys.

I take it you can still start the car?

Contact Nissan and ask a price and compare to one of the auto online locksmith that will resolder the microswitches and renew the plastic buttons:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Repair-Service-Faulty-NATS-Remote-Key-Fob-Nissan-X-Trail-Terrano-II-Micra-/180727689343?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item2a1435b07f

Yeah it still starts the car but because the receiver for the key is on the passenger door its a pain in the ass having to go over to lock it from there so id love to get the thing sorted, thanks for the reply.

S28382 wrote: »
    Yeah it still starts the car but because the receiver for the key is on the passenger door its a pain in the ass having to go over to lock it from there so id love to get the thing sorted, thanks for the reply.

NP...probably worth getting repaired as it will only cost ye €35 from one of the online lads.just doublecheck the feedback....I'd estimate at least €100 from Nissan judging by the quote I got for my P10 fob back in the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

There is a guy in Watergrasshill in Co Cork that replaces the micro switches in the keys. Don't know what he charges though.

NP...probably worth getting repaired as it will only cost ye €35 from one of the online lads.just doublecheck the feedback....I'd estimate at least €100 from Nissan judging by the quote I got for my P10 fob back in the day!

Yeah i reckon nissan would ask for crazy money for sorting it out.

johnayo wrote: »
    There is a guy in Watergrasshill in Co Cork that replaces the micro switches in the keys. Don't know what he charges though.

Any idea of his name and i could give him a buzz

Advertisement