Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You're all Transgender hens until Proven Otherwise!!

• 17-04-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭

This is gone too far. I'm all for equal rights but this is just taking the Piss. Boys are boys and girls are girls and that should be the end of it. If the Same sex wants to ride each other more power to them but taking away our sex altogether is a step to far.

I'll start here with the latest toys. Have a look http://www.thelocal.se/39988/

Sweden (the home of f**kin feminists) wants to destroy boys and girls and just call them both hens so they won't have any defined sexuality.

Gays can't be gay they'll be a bit sad, straight people will be just weird and transgenders will rule the world.

WFT is happening??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Spiderbaby, Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

TrangenderSpider Baby & Stock Car Fiona, they world is fupped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That's what he gets for shooting his web so indiscriminately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

She was a boy, he was a girl, can I make it any more obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

boys have a penis, girls have a vagina

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Its dangerous and should be stamped out fast. Don't be afraid of the attacks form the PC brigade.

Boys are boys, girls are girls, men are men, women are women and heterosexuality should always be the predominant sexuality in society.

I have nothing against homosexuality though. But it is a minority sexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

davet82 wrote: »

Throw on some gravy and baby you got a stew goin'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Superbus wrote: »
    She was a boy, he was a girl, can I make it any more obvious.
    he had a wee wee she had a whowho :P

Enough of the shoite talk this is serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

davet82 wrote: »
    (at birth) :confused:

• Advertisement

What's the problem.. Is it that Spiderman is pushing a buggy or that a girl is dressing as Spiderman? This gender shit is confusing.

What's the problem.. Is it that Spiderman is pushing a buggy or that a girl is dressing as Spiderman? This gender shit is confusing.

It's not a girl in the Spideman suit it's a boy called Lisa. Sweden is trying to get rid of sexuality, it's already started in schools there.

There trying to get rid of boys and girls and replace them both with the word hen.

Do you see now hen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Enough of the shoite talk this is serious.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

This is the type of shit you get when a species doesn't have to fight for survival anymore.

I think perhaps that it's a pisstake.
    On another page, a blonde-haired girl with rolled up sleeves is pedalling what appears to be a racing vehicle.

If this is a sign of the imminent implosion of society then we are indeed quite fcuked.

Another headline on that site.
    Dogs attack Swedish women on horseback

I think this is a far more immediate concern to humanity.. if dogs are able to ride horses today, they'll be stockpiling nuclear socks tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

why would Spider-Man be pushing a buggy? he should be web slinging that kid around the streets of New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I think some countries removing the terms mother, father, husband and wife from official documents is a bit much (replaced by partner A, partner B, parent A etc).

woodoo wrote: »

I have nothing against homosexuality

Well this is what they want but it's a step to far to fix the problem, there will be no homosexuality. Not sure how the LBG community will feel about it. Boys & Girls can't be boys and girls so we can all be the same and decide our sex as we mature.

I think your wobbly bits decide your sex 95% of the time. Removing gender isn't going to change much but it's going to make the whole thing a lot more confusing.

The only ones to come out feeling normal out of this will be the transgenders.

I think I want a fanny, sweet jesus i'm starting to feel it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well this is what they want but it's a step to far to fix the problem, there will be no homosexuality. Not sure how the LBG community will feel about it. Boys & Girls can't be boys and girls so we can all be the same and decide our sex as we mature.

Why would homosexuality disappear? I am a man, I have no identification with being a woman, and like men, who don't identify with being a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I cannot stop laughing at the pose on spiderman pushing the buggy:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I think perhaps that it's a pisstake.

The Swedish are off their heads. Feminists rule the county, It's very real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

(at birth) :confused:

idk i was just quoting the little girl from kindergarden cop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Boys are boys, girls are girls, men are men, women are women and heterosexuality should always be the predominant sexuality in society.

As a matter of interest do you have any idea why boys are boys etc? Do you believe it is something essential or is it a construction?

Gender is constructed by society through language. Do you recognise any difference in gender or is sexual difference gender defining? Every position we take is imaginary formed through discourse. Boys are boys etc suits capitalist society but it is not the be all and end all of humanity. Gender in Celtic times was a metaphysical concept which is markedly different to our predominantly sexual interpretation of it now.

There are no universal truths.

efb wrote: »
    Why would homosexuality disappear? I am a man, I have no identification with being a woman, and like men, who don't identify with being a woman.

You don't identify with women because there women and your a man if you were both the same you could identify with each other. Like you do with men right now.
    You don't identify with them right now and that's why getting rid of sex will maybe fix the problem there trying to solve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

You're all just mad because you weren't allowed play with dolls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Mardy Bum wrote: »

As a matter of interest do you have any idea why boys are boys etc? Do you believe it is something essential or is it a construction?

Gender is constructed by society through language. Do you recognise any difference in gender or is sexual difference gender defining? Every position we take is imaginary formed through discourse. Boys are boys etc suits capitalist society but it is not the be all and end all of humanity. Gender in Celtic times was a metaphysical concept which is markedly different to our predominantly sexual interpretation of it now.

Women cant park cars.

A

The majority of boys like having sex with girls. That's a universal truth and if it wasn't none of us would be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm not really sure what the problem is; there seems to be a broad scattershot approach taken in the OP with regard to homosexuality, conceptions of gender roles and transgender people, which are all completely different issues.

All this apparently has something to do with a child in a Spider-man outfit pushing a pram. I don't really see what's so bad about that. Is the problem that men aren't supposed to look after children as that's a woman's job?
    Or is it dangerous because it might make young potential superheroes dedicate less time to crime-fighting, sacrificing it for being a homemaker?

I think it's a bit extreme to suggest that the Swedish government wants to destroy boys and girls, whatever that means.
    Surely the policy you seem to be talking about is more about not pressuring children into forcing themselves into strict gender identities that might not match their actual identities.

The majority of boys like having sex with girls. That's a universal truth and if it wasn't none of us would be here.

You may have to find out what a truth is before saying things like that.

Sex, gender and sexuality are all different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I'm just going to assume the OP is taking the piss out of every "how dare people suggest gender is more complex than whether you have something that dangles or not" style thread.

I don't care if they say otherwise, I'm onto them, nobody is that stupid.

What are you saying the majority of boys are gay only don't know it because there living in pre-defined gender roles. Seriously??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You don't identify with women because there women and your a man if you were both the same you could identify with each other. Like you do with men right now.
    You don't identify with them right now and that's why getting rid of sex will maybe fix the problem there trying to solve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

are you guys serious?

a toy catalogue in sweden shows boys playing with girls toys and girls playing, and you're screaming like society will collapse because of it and *shakes fist* teh gheys! grumble grumble.

yeah, sounds a lot like this guy:

why is there even such a concept as 'girl' toys and 'boy' toys, there should just be toys, end of.

Vagina's, penis's, breasts, testosterone, beards, hips, pregnancy, etc. etc. We are different.

Links there will be nobody gay or straight just hens. Your gone off on another angle with that video.

I feel like Victorian dad trying to keep boys as boys and girl as girls. It's nothing to do with being straight or gay.

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

@efb Identify was your word, I would have chosen another. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Should always be?

Will always be, most likely, yes, unless Dr. Frank-N-Furter gets at the world's water systems.

Should always be though? Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

you're a confused monkey, chill.

Vagina's, penis's, breasts, testosterone, beards, hips, pregnancy, etc. etc. We are different.

I'm afraid essentialism stopped being taken seriously after the 60s. Gender is a societal construct. Male and female are different sexs alright but that has nothing to do with man/woman or heterosexuality/homosexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Is that news site the Swedish version of the Mail?

• Advertisement

I'm afraid essentialism stopped being taken seriously after the 60s. .

By who?

Its still pretty important to the vast majority of society.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The story relates to Swedens introduction of a pronoun to incorporate gender neutrality. I don't really see what the problem. Becoming liberal in ones gender identification isn't the end of the world.

Links there will be nobody gay or straight just hens. Your gone off on another angle with that video.

I feel like Victorian dad trying to keep boys as boys and girl as girls. It's nothing to do with being straight or gay.

Gender and sexuality are phenomenally complex. Freud, Klein, Winnicott, Lacan, Foucault, Sartre are essential reading. You have to be able to see the difference between sex, gender and sexuality. You dont mean boys as boys you mean male as boys from what I can see from your posts. Boys as boys doesnt make sense.

By who?

Its still pretty important to the vast majority of society.

To the experts in areas of social science, psychology, psychiatry and psychoanalysts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

You still haven't given us any news to read about the Hen thing - just a picture of a spiderman pushing a pram.

The complains in the OP sound shrill and hysterical to my ears. Even if in sweden they don't use the words 'boys' and 'girls' it's not like they're going to perform surgery on all the kids and make them into smooth barbie dolls.

Even IF ( no proof offered yet) they started calling everyone Hen very little would change.

What gays have to do with this I have no clue

Jezek wrote: »
    You still haven't given us any news to read about the Hen thing - just a picture of a spiderman pushing a pram.

The complains in the OP sound shrill and hysterical to my ears. Even if in sweden they don't use the words 'boys' and 'girls' it's not like they're going to perform surgery on all the kids and make them into smooth barbie dolls.

Even IF ( no proof offered yet) they started calling everyone Hen very little would change.

What gays have to do with this I have no clue

People in glasgow call women hen so that is already taken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

It's not a girl in the Spideman suit it's a boy called Lisa. Sweden is trying to get rid of sexuality, it's already started in schools there.

You think sexuality has to do with whether or not a boy pushes a pram in his youth or a girl plays on a go-cart? :confused:

You dont mean boys as boys you mean male as boys from what I can see from your posts. Boys as boys doesnt make sense.

No, I mean boys as boys and girls as girls. I'm talking about children not adults. If you take away male boys your completely changing society. Your even taking away girls natural role. I think men can be boys or girls it matter little as long as there's some still willing to reproduce with girls. That's if the girls still want to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

OP should read 'Whipping Girl'. I think there's still an inherant fear when it comes to the blurring of gender roles and the potential dismissal of masculinity, a fate feminity has suffered as being a weaker expression in society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

No, I mean boys as boys and girls as girls. I'm talking about children not adults. If you take away male boys your completely changing society. Your even taking away girls natural role. I think men can be boys or girls it matter little as long as there's some still willing to reproduce with girls. That's if the girls still want to.

This may be a silly question given your username but...

Are you drunk right now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement