Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€350 Gaming Build excluding graphics card.

Options
  • 17-04-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€350]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [High Gaming, Little bit of music production (dubstep and the lot), media]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [None]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Planning on using 42' Telly]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [any]

9. When are you purchasing? Anytime between here and a few months in no rush.]
    Looking at a Phenom Build lately but if it fits into the budget a i5-2500k build would be juicy..
    *NOTE* This is excluding the graphics card and HDD I'll pick up either a 560Ti or 6870 and 1TB HDD off Adverts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ok So you'll need a :
    Case
    PSU (Power Supply Unit)
    RAM
    Motherboard
    Processor
    Cooler for processor
    Mouse/Keyboard...

Well let's start with this :

Component | Price (€)
    Mobo (ASRock Z68) | 82.61
    RAM 8GB G-Skill RAM | 33.60
    Processor (Intel i5 2500k)| 188.78
    Cooler (ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Pro) | 23.99
    PSU Super-Flower Amazon 550W| 52.08
    Case Thermaltake Commander MS-I | 39.77
    Mouse (Standard Logitech mouse M100) | 7.65
    Keyboard | Get elsewhere - keyboard's in German!
    TOTAL | 428.38

S&H to ire is a flat rate of 30 i believe but it might've changed recently. A bit over budget but we can tweak from there. Most of that stuff is in my new computer right now :)

Best choose a case for yourself, i just thought that one looked awesome for the price. Note it's midtower so it's a bit smaller than a full-sized one, so components might be a bit less maneuverable when building.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ok So you'll need a :
    Case
    PSU (Power Supply Unit)
    RAM
    Motherboard
    Processor
    Cooler for processor
    Mouse/Keyboard...

Well let's start with this :

Component | Price (€)
    Mobo (ASRock Z68) | 82.61
    RAM 8GB G-Skill RAM | 33.60
    Processor (Intel i5 2500k)| 188.78
    Cooler (ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Pro) | 23.99
    PSU Super-Flower Amazon 550W| 52.08
    Case Thermaltake Commander MS-I | 39.77
    Mouse (Standard Logitech mouse M100) | 7.65
    Keyboard | Get elsewhere - keyboard's in German!
    TOTAL | 428.38

S&H to ire is a flat rate of 30 i believe but it might've changed recently. A bit over budget but we can tweak from there. Most of that stuff is in my new computer right now :)

Best choose a case for yourself, i just thought that one looked awesome for the price. Note it's midtower so it's a bit smaller than a full-sized one, so components might be a bit less maneuverable when building.
    Cheers for the reply, very happy with everything you picked :) Nice case aswell never seen it around before :eek: but for the case I'll add on an extra 30 for the HAF 912 :)http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=41084&agid=631 and would you strongly reccomend a cooler? cause I probly won't even end up OCing so would the stock be okay?

If u don't wanna OC then ya can definitely stick with the stock; also could swap out the 2500k for a 2500 (which can't clock) it'd be cheaper. I'd recommend spending the extra bits so u can OC so u won't be considering upgrading for longer but sure that's just me; esp if ur looking at higher end gaming.

That particular case (awesome looking!) is out of stock atm, bare that in mind when ordering.

Depending on what graphics card u get u might be able to get a lower wattage PSU but u'd need one if the boffins to calculate power draw for u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If u don't wanna OC then ya can definitely stick with the stock; also could swap out the 2500k for a 2500 (which can't clock) it'd be cheaper. I'd recommend spending the extra bits so u can OC so u won't be considering upgrading for longer but sure that's just me; esp if ur looking at higher end gaming.

That particular case (awesome looking!) is out of stock atm, bare that in mind when ordering.

Depending on what graphics card u get u might be able to get a lower wattage PSU but u'd need one if the boffins to calculate power draw for u :)

Yes to stock cooler of you don't want to OC now
    Big big NO to 2500!!!!

Stick with 2500k even if you won't OC now. You can OC it to 4.0ghz on stock cooler for now too. Ocing 2500k is one click of the button with mobo software or changing 2 values in bios. It's super easy these days. You will save only 10quid by going 2500, but you will have 4.0ghz to 4.8ghz, with 2500k, instead of 3.3ghz flat with 2500

the-more-you-know.jpg

ach i didn't check prices i assumed the rift between 2500 and 2500k would be more substantial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Yes to stock cooler of you don't want to OC now
    Big big NO to 2500!!!!

Stick with 2500k even if you won't OC now. You can OC it to 4.0ghz on stock cooler for now too. Ocing 2500k is one click of the button with mobo software or changing 2 values in bios. It's super easy these days. You will save only 10quid by going 2500, but you will have 4.0ghz to 4.8ghz, with 2500k, instead of 3.3ghz flat with 2500
    Thanks for the info :) plu if I'm ever selling in the future its much better to have a 2500k

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Thanks for the info :) plu if I'm ever selling in the future its much better to have a 2500k

2500k is a gravy of awesomeness at the moment. Even with IVY bridge out soon, 2500k still will be a very wanted CPU.

Advertisement