Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any way of ensuring I get a different tester next time round?

• 17-04-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭

Ok, going to book my third test in Wexford. Have failed twice with the same tester for both. :( My car isn't the most spacious - he kept on leaning over and when I went to change gears - I kept hitting off him. He was really slow at giving the instructions - i.e telling me to change into the right lane before the traffic lights when I've just passed them!!! He also mumbled the whole way through it, to which I'm an anxious person as it is, but when it comes to tests - I didn't need this. He was really undermining and in general very rude.

At the end of the second one - I said that I would probably try doing my next test in Naas as I'm in college up there and "I'd be able get more practice in" and he said "oh you could still get me". Is this true are testers in several different test centres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ger10

Hey op,
    Firstly don't get too anxious about the test. Dont overthink it. I know how it feels, I passed mine on my fourth attempt!
    I had the same examiner for two of them four. He was pig ignorant.
    One example of this is: I had a pack of tic tacs in my car. Without asking me he ate every single one of them (individually) making a crunching noise every time. I prayed to god I wouldn't get him again and thankfully I didn't.
    I would do the test in a different centre if it annoys you that much. Im not sure if the examiners are in differernt centres but you would have a much better chance of not seeing him again next time if you do!

Good luck in your next one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Aske your instructor what hours that tester usually works. Mont of them will have a permanent day off during the week so book your test for that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Aske your instructor what hours that tester usually works. Mont of them will have a permanent day off during the week so book your test for that day.
    That's a new one on me. Most testers work Monday - Friday with Saturday and Sunday off. Saturday working is O/T in most cases.

OP, yes, testers can and do move around from time to time. He may be a relief tester with no real fixed abode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

That's a new one on me. Most testers work Monday - Friday with Saturday and Sunday off. Saturday working is O/T in most cases.

OP, yes, testers can and do move around from time to time. He may be a relief tester with no real fixed abode.
    When I was learning to drive I had made a complaint about an instructor and the case was still open when I repeated my test so I was told to book for a specific day. I ended up getting the same examiner anyway!
    I passed so there was no issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

According to my driving instructor:

If you re-apply to the same driving test centre, you can avoid getting the same driver tester again by simply ringing the RSA at: 1890406040 or email: drivingtest@rsa.ie
    You will need to give your full name and previous Reference Number with the location, date and time of your last driving test. This will guarantee that you will have a different driver tester to carry out your next test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

As Bobby has said above, You can apply for a different examiner. But they only do this if there is one available. In reality there will be an alternative so long as the centre has more then one tester in it. This seems to be something of a disclaimer.

Advertisement