Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mauser M03 .223 Opinions please.

Options
  • 18-04-2012 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Opinions sought on the Mauser M03 .223 . I'm thinking of purchasing having used a CZ hornet in the past.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Brilliant rifle, but it's a magnum length action, so completely wasted on a .223 in my opinion. If you planned on using the switch-barrel feature for at the very least a standard .30-06 length cartridge it'd be a good buy, but for me, having that much metal and all that bolt throw for a .223 doesn't make sense. I'd be looking at the likes of a CZ in .223, or a Sako for the nicer fit and finish. Think I saw one in the for sale forum here earlier. That's not to fault the rifle though. I think it's a properly cracking bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Brilliant rifle, but it's a magnum length action, so completely wasted on a .223 in my opinion. If you planned on using the switch-barrel feature for at the very least a standard .30-06 length cartridge it'd be a good buy, but for me, having that much metal and all that bolt throw for a .223 doesn't make sense. I'd be looking at the likes of a CZ in .223, or a Sako for the nicer fit and finish. Think I saw one in the for sale forum here earlier. That's not to fault the rifle though. I think it's a properly cracking bit of kit.

Agreed. The only one in our club has four different barrel/calibre setups.

If I had a choice in the matter I'd be looking at a Tikka T3 or similar and get a nice piece of glass to go on top - all for the same money as the Mauser.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brownh66

Good advice. Many thanks for the responses.

Advertisement