Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One week of the lexapro anti anxietys!

Options
  • 18-04-2012 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Im 28 years old , i have been on these kinds of tablets since i was about 16 years old .
    The last time like every other time i went in to the doctors for the percription which i got from the secretary ( like every other time )and i finally stood back and asked myself , How do i know i even need these any more, and how different would i be if i just stopped taking them . So with carefull emotional planning , record keeping ,goal making and the support of my amazing girlfriend i decided to face what id been avoiding for years .
    i was on a 20 mg dose and i started halfing the dose daily for 3 months , the first two weeks of this was hard as i had alot of anxiets creeping in about whether i was doing the right thing or the" why jeprodise my happinies" or people are going to see an unhappy me now that im off them . but after them 2 weeks i felt exactily like i did when i was on the full dose ! last week i felt i was ready to go the hole way and come off them altogether ! Im one week off them now and apart from the side affects eg. electric shocks , and a little more anxious when tired i feel brilliant!!! The truth is i had my bad days even when i was on them tablets which means that theres a kind of a placebo effect at work when one goes on these tablets e.g you go to your doctor "doctor im unhappy " -okay no problem take these youl be happy in no time . you go home take the tablets you feel drowsy for a while and then all of a sudden your happy and dont have any anxietys! NO! while they decrease anxiety to a certain extent they do not stop it and they certainly dont make you happy ! you have to do that the old fasioned way take it from me !
    I decided to share this thread becase it makes me feel good "naturally" and it might help someone else in the same situation ! Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op, this forum is for health sciences education, not personal health experiences. I think a blog would suit you better.

thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement