Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada:Irish in Regina.

• 18-04-2012 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi I have recently moved to Regina, having secured employment here.

I just wanted to let you all know about a facebook page I've set up, I'm inviting all Irish who may be here or may be considering coming here. I am hoping to grow this into some kind of Regina-Irish community.
    Although the Canadians are some of the nicest people I've met, I was in Ohanlons Irish pub down town last week and met a couple of Irish lads and we all agreed that it would be nice for people coming over to have somewhere to find info, be it housing, social insurance, schooling, things to do etc.

I would hope that my and our experiences over the next year and beyond will benefit those who may come in the future.
    The facebook page is in its infancy but feel free to write any comments or pose any questions about Regina that you may have on the wall.
    So if there is anyone considering Regina or who may already be here I am the first of 15 to arrive from Ireland to work for this company and we are all keen to arrange a little home from home.

Right the face book page is NEW REGINA IRISH.

Thanks hope to talk to some of you soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 erinellie

This is great news! My partner may have a job offer in Regina and researching the city is v difficult. I have posted requests on other forums to talk to any Irish people in Regina and had no luck! Will definitely be checking out the page on Facebook. We have 3 children also so would be looking for schools and activities etc for them also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jamskey

Hi!
    Tried searching for the page on Facebook but I couldn't find it! My fiance is in Regina @ the moment going to secure a job & get his visa going, we'd love to join the facebook page, any info would be invaluable... Thanks!

*trying* to secure, even!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 bucket and spade

hi im new to this too, im in ireland, im a qualified electrician thinking about making the move. my main concern at the minute is trying to get a job offer from someone around the regina area and getting some info on the exams i need to do.

Advertisement