Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer Rights Query

Options
  • 18-04-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I would like to know what rights I have on the following issue.

I bought a TV online from a retailer with an Irish presence. The Samsung TV came with 12 month warranty, and I have now had the TV for 18 months. I have noticed severe white glowing in the corners of the unit and I now think the TV is faulty (I am careful with set up etc and am certain its not due to something I have done).

Do I have any rights here? It wasnt a cheap TV and I would expect it to last longer than 18 months.

Cheers,,
    km

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Where is the online presence for the retailer?
    Your rights depend on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yes, you have rights. However, if it's Pixmania [who have an Irish website but not an Irish presence], you can swing for a happy outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

ha - not pixmania, but komplett - I know they get mixed customer service reviews but were good to deal with when I ordered.

I havent had a chance to get on to them yet (or even reply to this!) but wanted to know exactly where I stand before proceeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Komplett: Aaron

Hiya km991148, I just happened across this thread and thought I'd chip in: Your TV would have come with a 2 year warranty. It's the minimum standard warranty in law these days.

You can fill out this return form with all the details - order number, description of the fault, etc - and the customer service guys will look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Hiya km991148, I just happened across this thread and thought I'd chip in: Your TV would have come with a 2 year warranty. It's the minimum standard warranty in law these days.

You can fill out this return form with all the details - order number, description of the fault, etc - and the customer service guys will look after you.

Thanks Aaron.. I have been really busy over the last few weeks and forgot all about this..

I will look into it right away!

Cheers,
    km

• Advertisement
Advertisement