Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound/Vision in Block H of the 02 Arena

Options
  • 18-04-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I just bought two tickets to Paul Simon but seem to have left it too late and am stuck in block H.

Im just wondering if other people have sat in 'bad' seats in the 02 and whether you can actually see the stage/screens.

I'd imagine the sound in the 02 is decent no matter where you sit seeing as its a new venue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I've sat in both block H and block P which would be opposite ends of the venue (stage left and stage right). The view is OK although its far enough away from the stage (but closer to the stage than the old top balcony in the point was). It depends what kind of production is in use, e.g. Rammstein had a lot of lights and PA hung over the sides of the stage so the view was just slightly obscured, but not so much that I couldn't see the band on stage.
    View from block P: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter1892/6792854876/

Both blocks were fine in terms of sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

All depends on the artist production set up.

The O2 has no sound system. So it's the performance of the system the artist production puts in. Haven't heard any complaints about acoustics?

There are no pillars obscuring the line of sight so as the the other poster says it's down to what the artist might have on stage that could affect people in some seats.

I heard that Rammstein had some interesting props on stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

BrianD wrote: »
    I heard that Rammstein had some interesting props on stage!

That's one way of putting it ;)

The only gig I've heard people complaining about the sound was the Roger Waters gig last year (wasn't at it myself). Generally the sound in the O2 is pretty good (certainly any gigs I've been to have been good, both downstairs and in the seats upstairs).

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

The sound will be 99% influenced by the abilities of the band engineer on the day. In the O2, all touring rigs would be of a high standard and well tuned by the system engineer, but it ultimately lies in the gift of the band's own engineer.

I heard the Stevie Wonder gig sounded horrific. Hard to believe this can happen at that level I know.

Paul Simon will have a top engin engineer like Kalif etc, I'd say you're in for a super night.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Thanks folks,

I'm not massively worried but i just wanted to get a little feedback.

Somehow i dont think Paul Simon will have a stage show to match rammstein but i think it will be great night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Been in block H before, bit away from the stage alright but still enjoyed concert n would book there again. Pushed the boat out this time thou with paul simon tickets n went for level seating in front off the stage. Has anyone sat here before? biggest worry I have here is a big head in front off us!

Advertisement