Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up Free Online Banking?

Options
  • 18-04-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all i want to set up a buisness or private bank account online but not in ireland, basically any payments through the site into a online swiss account or something like that. Anyone know a bank that does this or how this is done and if possible just have the buisness name on the account and not have my name tied to it or do i have to have my name tied to it to open up the acocunt online as i want the account to be overseas thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

There's not such thing as an anonymous account. Even the numbered Swiss account they show in the movies have names on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sweenball

Are you a politician ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi all i want to set up a buisness or private bank account online but not in ireland, basically any payments through the site into a online swiss account or something like that. Anyone know a bank that does this or how this is done and if possible just have the buisness name on the account and not have my name tied to it or do i have to have my name tied to it to open up the acocunt online as i want the account to be overseas thanks?

What on earth are you at? :D

Bank accounts can be in the name of a company in some but not all circumstances.

You can open a non-Irish bank account abroad but it is often difficult. KeyTrade Belgium is an example. They are unlikely to let you put the account name as your business. You might find a bank in NI that will accept ROI proof of address and let you open an account in the name of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

OP,for further assistance you should contact Mr B.Ahern,Drumcondra,Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

basically im looking for offshore banking i was thinking going numbered account but 150 euro to set up, if i could open an account that takes payments from credit cards with out having my name attached to it basically numbered account seems to be way to go.

@fungus me nothing just little buisness adventure im looking into ;-)

@jet balck ya you still have to send proof of who you are but very hard for your detials to be released .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The same goes for here too. Its very rare (if ever) that a bank in Ireland has released or given out customer details. The government or garda need proof of wrong doings to access someones account. This same proof could be used in another country to access your account.

These 'anonymous' accounts are more for the protection of the customer transactions from bank employees and not from the authorities.

Ah i see what you mean, would be worth paying 150 euro to set up numbered acocunt online do you think. ive heard jersey is another place i should consider.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

To start with there is no such thing as valid anonymous accounts, since 9/11 banks must be fully satisfied as to the identity of the ultimate owner of an account and the transactions flowing through it. If a bank is concerned about a transaction or an account, they are required to freeze it and reported their concerns to the appropriate authorities. If you attempt to operate a business account from a country where you are not resident or do not have a place of business, it is an automatic red flag....

Now of course there are legal ways of distancing yourself from a business account, but it costs a lot more than €150! If you do go ahead with this offer do not be surprised that once a large balance builds up, it disappears.... this is a well known scam. And since you are not the owner of the account, you have absolutely no come back...

Jim2007 (Switzerland)

any suggestions for online bank i should go for offshore?

Advertisement