Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarette socket won't charge BB 9900

Options
  • 18-04-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I have a belkin cigarette socket to usb adapter for charging devices.

It doesn't charge my BlackBerry Bold 9900 though.

When I plug it in the phone gives a message about not charging.

Just wondering has anybody else had this issue? Are there any mods I can make to the charger to get it to charge..

I haven't checked yet but I suspect the voltage coming from the charger isn't sufficient.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Try a different charger. If it's not a blackberry one your using you'll have to try different ones. Take it back where you got it and the'll swap it for another one that might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It's probably not powerful enough. I know my 9900 cant be charged from my cigarette lighter socket. As in the charger I have isn't powerful enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Cool, i'll have to get out the multimeter and see if I can hack anything up.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Hey guys,

Just did a little googling on this and came across this post. Apparently it's something to do with the charger.

You can do the mod shown in the post or else I think you can mod a cable into a charge only cable, safer bet I think.

I'll try it over the weekend and report back.

Advertisement