Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Account

Options
  • 18-04-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

So we moved into our new apartment about 2 months ago and were looking to get an account with airtricity so we contacted the estate agency to get the meter reading but never got a response. In the meantime we received a letter from electric ireland with a starting kit to which we never replied. Finally we got the meter reading from the agency and i signed up online with airtricity. One week later i got a bill from electric ireland for about 400 euro, that is including the deposit. Now am I correct in saying that i can ignore that? I never signed up with electric ireland and never will, never provided them with the meter reading and under the data protection act they couldn't have possibly started an account in my name without my permission, oral or written.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Ellie,

The best thing here would be for you to send me the relevant details by private message and I will investigate the issue for you immediately.

Can you send the account number on the correspondence you received from Electric Ireland? Or else the MPRN number? Can you also confirm your name in full and that that is the name on the Electric Ireland correspondence. And finally, if you could confirm the address in question.

Many thanks and regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

PMd you

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭gerryg80

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    So we moved into our new apartment about 2 months ago and were looking to get an account with airtricity so we contacted the estate agency to get the meter reading but never got a response. In the meantime we received a letter from electric ireland with a starting kit to which we never replied. Finally we got the meter reading from the agency and i signed up online with airtricity. One week later i got a bill from electric ireland for about 400 euro, that is including the deposit. Now am I correct in saying that i can ignore that? I never signed up with electric ireland and never will, never provided them with the meter reading and under the data protection act they couldn't have possibly started an account in my name without my permission, oral or written.

Pretty sure Electric Ireland are the Supplier of Last Resort appointed by the CER in Ireland. Due to your inactivity in joining another supplier you were defaulted to Electric Ireland.

Advertisement