Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value golf in Dublin area?

Options
  • 18-04-2012 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Looking to play a round of golf with a few friends on the weekend. Heard there may be a few bargains to be had at some of the NAMA courses around dublin. I found a list of them but they all seem to be pretty high-end, and I'm just looking to hack it round and have a laugh so not worth spending the money.

Any recommendations/plugs for your own club would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

I think using the term hack it round isn't going to get a lot of people excited about recommending there own courses.
    Have a look at teetimes.ie and Golf Dublin. For a hack maybe Swords open or Elm Green. I think all the NAMA courses are being run as going concerns and i haven't heard of any great value on them.
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

mike12 wrote: »
    I think using the term hack it round isn't going to get a lot of people excited about recommending there own courses.
    Have a look at teetimes.ie and Golf Dublin. For a hack maybe Swords open or Elm Green. I think all the NAMA courses are being run as going concerns and i haven't heard of any great value on them.
    Mike

That's very unfair to Swords Open. Learned to play golf there - a decent course at a reasonable price and always in good condition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

I play/ played a good bit there myself it is where everyone learns to play when they are hacking it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gwp86

mike12 wrote: »
    Mike

Poor choice of words there we can all play to mid/late teens handicap just wanted to emphasise we're looking for something cheap and cheerful here.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll certainly look into those.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Corbalis Golf Links - best value in Dublin IMO

• Advertisement

Corbalis Golf Links - best value in Dublin IMO

23 quid seems a bargain, looks like Corballis it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hoommer

corballis is the worst golf course i ever played. try castlenock 30 after 4pm or 40 before.
    http://www.castleknockgolfclub.ie/golf/publish/index.php
    or teetimes.ie have a lot more choice

hoommer wrote: »
    corballis is the worst golf course i ever played. try castlenock 30 after 4pm or 40 before.

Poor soul, you can't have played many courses then! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just had a look at the Corballis site there.

"Perhaps the four best ocean holes in Ireland"
    Ron Kirby - Course Designer

Surely that might be slightly biased quote!?!

only playing 20 years :D. to be fair i know a few that like it. but even more that hate the place.
    you must work there:D

• Advertisement

cant fault the views....but there not of the golf course. deer park has best view if your looking for that

Corbalis is on one of the best bits of links land in the country...........Deer park is on a field :pac:

hoommer wrote: »

How so? In bad nick is it?

Advertisement