Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat fleas - help please!

• 18-04-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I've had cats for years and never had a flea problem, until now that is! I actually never saw them scratch or anything, but I applied some of that stuff that you put on their necks and now they're scratching... But worse is that in the last 3 days I've been bitten, and the problem is definitely related to my couch. So am in the process of stripping the covers and washing them and hovering, but was wondering where can I buy a spray or powder or these bombs I'm reading about? Need to spray the whole thing I think. Went into homebase but couldn't see anything - do I need to go to a pet store?

So looking for recommendations on what to buy and where to buy it. Am in Dublin.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

cltt97 wrote: »
    I've had cats for years and never had a flea problem, until now that is! I actually never saw them scratch or anything, but I applied some of that stuff that you put on their necks and now they're scratching... But worse is that in the last 3 days I've been bitten, and the problem is definitely related to my couch. So am in the process of stripping the covers and washing them and hovering, but was wondering where can I buy a spray or powder or these bombs I'm reading about? Need to spray the whole thing I think. Went into homebase but couldn't see anything - do I need to go to a pet store?

So looking for recommendations on what to buy and where to buy it. Am in Dublin.

Many thanks!
    Go to your vet and get Indorex. I've used it in the past and found it very effective. Just follow the directions on the tin and hoover A LOT. It helps it you change the dust bag in the hoover frequently, or put a cat flea collar inside the bag.

I use Advantage on the back of my cat's neck and let her into the garden for an hour or 2, I have found that the *odd* flea will jump off her immediately after application!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

+1 for Indorex. Acclaim is good too. You can get either from your vet, just ask for an environmental spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Many thanks, I'll give that a try!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 tammywilson52

I’m not sure about the Indorex as haven't used it any time but yes Acclaim is good and can be recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Well, the cats got flea treatment, all blankets, pillows, couch covers got hoovered and washed, some spray got sprayed and it appears to have worked. Thanks for all the input!

• Advertisement
Advertisement