Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another self build mortgage query

Options
  • 18-04-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

i have plans etc for my house done up but before i spend anymore money (not knowing if i will get approved for a mortgage) is it possible to get approval in principle without having the costings done up for the bank.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

user37 wrote: »
    Hi,

i have plans etc for my house done up but before i spend anymore money (not knowing if i will get approved for a mortgage) is it possible to get approval in principle without having the costings done up for the bank.

thanks

Yes, the banks can assess your income and proven repayment capacity and give you a figure that you qualify for that they would be willing to lend. This would mean providing documentation to the bank as opposed to just putting your figures through their income calculator..At least then you know your budget and can revise your costings accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

thats brillant thanks! i just didnt want to folk out more money when there is a good possibility i wont get a mortgage!
    i have the planning 3 years so before it runs out i wanted to know were i stand.

thanks again

Advertisement