Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bock The Robber

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

hello Bock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hello Bock

Ah ya bollix, you got there ahead of me :mad: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Very funny, but its not mine. Im not quite smart enough to come up with some of the stuff thats in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

MadYaker wrote: »
    http://bocktherobber.com/2012/04/flipping-through-the-news/

Anyone else read this guys blog? I check it occasionaly. Its quite good I'm surprised the guy doesn't have column in a newspaper.

Obviously he doesn't have the Journalistic qualities of, say, a John Waters, kevin Myers, Brendan O'Connor or Alison O'Riordan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Nodin wrote: »
    Obviously he doesn't have the Journalistic qualities of, say, a John Waters, kevin Myers, Brendan O'Connor or Alison O'Riordan.

That can be acquired.

www.makemeanauseoussanctimoniousarsehole.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I've come across it alright, haven't looked it up in awhile, I thought Bock was quite well known??
    edit as in Bocks blog, not his identity, not that I believe he is well known and this is a Pseudonym, maybe s/he is though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

I read it regulary, find it funny and gives a good perspective on some current events.

What gets me is the range of stuff he can comment on in depth, e.g. religious matters, carpentry, politics, token ring networks, cooking, cinema, web hosting.....

One of his best articles is on Haughey, it should be on the junior cert syllabus:

http://bocktherobber.com/2006/12/haughey-2/

I re-read ocasionally when I think someone from Fianna Fail sounds trustworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

He did post here as Bock The Robber, as I recall from my lurking days.

EDIT: apparently not. Yeah he is a good writer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Who has time to sit and read blogs? I'm too busy having my own opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He did post here as Bock The Robber, as I recall from my lurking days.

EDIT: apparently not. Yeah he is a good writer.

He did post on Boards though, in what was then the Limerick city forum, just with a different name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

OwenM wrote: »
    What gets me is the range of stuff he can comment on in depth, e.g. religious matters, carpentry, politics, token ring networks, cooking, cinema, web hosting.....

This. I often think it might be multiple people. But if it isn't he is certainly a very interesting person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

MadYaker wrote: »
    This. I often think it might be multiple people. But if it isn't he is certainly a very interesting person.

He does have guest contributors but this is clear when it is a guest, also some of the more 'interesting' guests are personas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

think he used to post on 20major

that was a good blog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Nodin wrote: »

Ahahahaha.

@OP: I have Bock on my bookmarks bar. (Bockmarked) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

think he used to post on 20major

that was a good blog

Correct. 20 Major was excellent. And he hated Bock with a passion as I recall, rightly so. The lad's a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

OwenM wrote: »
    He does have guest contributors but this is clear when it is a guest, also some of the more 'interesting' guests are personas.

There are two joke personas, both of which are fairly obvious. I write one myself and the other is provided by a working musician who prefers to remain unidentified. All other contributions are by real people and by invitation. People submit pieces as time and pressure of work permits.

The two most recent additions to the author list are Rev Ian Poulton, a CoI priest who sets a counterpoint to my atheistic views, and Prof Brian Lucey of TCD who provides occasional commentary on the state of the economy.

D1stant wrote: »

I call shenanigans on that URL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Correct. 20 Major was excellent. And he hated Bock with a passion as I recall, rightly so. The lad's a tool.

hes actually a damn fine chap , both online and in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Sound guy. Wrote a couple of pieces about something that I was related to, and handled it exceptionally well despite some of the BS he got on the comment section. Bock, you git my vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement