Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ciara conway on midday on tv3!!

Options
  • 18-04-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Words fail me!!! Our td is on tv3 at the moment talking about demi moore's love life!! :eek:Jesus wept. She is on again tomorrow, even though the dail is in session. :rolleyes:Good to see that the tax payers of waterford are getting value for money and the important issues of the day are being addressed!!!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm not watching atm, but that has to be a different Ciara Conway somehow.

Why, in the name of Cthulu, would a TD be the one to talk to about a celeb's love life?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why, in the name of Cthulu, would a TD be the one to talk to about a celeb's love life?

No job announcements/losses she can stand in the background smiling at right now and she doesnt do much else

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I may have lost respect for the people of dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

the old crawling chaos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Words fail me!!! Our td is on tv3 at the moment talking about demi moore's love life!! :eek:Jesus wept. She is on again tomorrow, even though the dail is in session. :rolleyes:Good to see that the tax payers of waterford are getting value for money and the important issues of the day are being addressed!!!!! :mad:

Please tell me you're joking! If true, I will honestly have lost all respect for her. Jesus Christ, all the problems Waterford has at the moment, and what has she done since she came into office?
    1) Stand outside TalkTalk where a massive blow was dealt to employment in the South East and over 500 people lost their jobs, with a huge beaming smile on her face
    2) Said she opposed the decision to put the merged VEC between Waterford and Wexford in Wexford town, said she would be writing to Ruairi Quinn about it, and as far as I remember that was the last we heard from her.
    3) Now this, going on telly like a stupid bint gossiping about celebrities over a cup of tea like an old biddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

She has this up on her Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/#!/ciaramconway
    Will be joining the Panel on the Midday Show Today and Tomorrow on TV3 so do Tune in ! I hear #vinb Studio is next door eeeek ;)

And that's why we should have voted more independents in.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

And she was on Matt Cooper last week talking about legalising abortion. Surely there is more pressing issues than a referendum on abortion at the moment.

She needs to cop on. She won't get in a second time in Waterford. Useless is not the word. On chat shows when the Dail is in session.

Tawdy Morrissey would represent Waterford better than her.

BTW I don't think abortion is not a serious topic but there are more serious issues facing Ireland and the people of Waterford at the moment. Jobs in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

What's the craic with her anyway? All I seem to know of her since she was elected is that she looked overjoyed outside Talk Talk back in Autumn, haven't heard much of her since?

Has she been working on any projects? making noises etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Odats wrote: »
    And she was on Matt Cooper last week talking about legalising abortion. Surely there is more pressing issues than a referendum on abortion at the moment.

BTW I don't think abortion is not a serious topic but there are more serious issues facing Ireland and the people of Waterford at the moment. Jobs in particular.

I think she is useless but i commend her on raising this issue as every other politician runs away from it as there is no votes in it. I think the situation where hundereds of Irish women travel to England for it is pathetic. Other public reps have effectively stuck their head in the sand on the issue. Yes, I would prefer to see her doing more on jobs and not smiling at job losses in her constituency but life is going on and to many people, they see the lack of abortion options in Ireland as truly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Odats wrote: »
    Tawdy Morrissey would represent Waterford better than her.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

can anyone confirm what was she talking about on TV3, if she was on to talk about the abortion issue, then fair enough, but if she was on only talking about what they usually talk about on that program (celebs, dieting, how all men are useless, giving out) then I wouldnt be surprised if this makes national news.

Max Powers wrote: »
    I think she is useless but i commend her on raising this issue as every other politician runs away from it as there is no votes in it. I think the situation where hundereds of Irish women travel to England for it is pathetic. Other public reps have effectively stuck their head in the sand on the issue. Yes, I would prefer to see her doing more on jobs and not smiling at job losses in her constituency but life is going on and to many people, they see the lack of abortion options in Ireland as truly ridiculous.

Max I agree 100% on the issue. If she was spending the same time on her constituency as she is in putting time into this issue which is important in it's own right then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Stay off the chat shows and deliver to your constituents.

Midday: Demi Moore, hidden sugar and the Austrian town with a rude name, that's all on Midday today.

That's what she was on the show fcuking talking about. FFS. It is on 3 player.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can watch Midday on TV3 Player
    http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/52/0/0/Midday

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

I just went to TV3 player to see what the fuss is about, didnt believe that this was possible.

But it is!!!

This is an absolute disgrace!! She is sitting there having a laugh with 4 women discussing such topics as strange place names and Demi Moore's love life - all while the Dail is sitting!!!!!!

This is an absolute shambles. I wonder how much expenses she has claimed to get from Dungarvan to Ballymount??

The county is in a shocking state and here is one of our few elected representatives sitting in a TV studio having a girly chat and giggle.

What an absolute embarrassment, a shambles and a huge slap in the face for anyone who voted this person into National Parliment.

Outraged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

jayboi wrote: »

I am sure they will be devastated by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Minstrel27 wrote: »

I am sure they will be devastated by this.
    Well if their representative is anything to go by they certainly won't as apparently she was elected and paid 90 grand a year to give her opinions on celebs love life's and smile at other peoples misfortunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Every day I'm surprised by how politicians find more ways to rub my nose in it. I should know better than to be surprised. God we all had such hope before the last election in Waterford. New faces etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

No matter what your political opinion is , this looks like a poor decision, waterford city and county is on its knees, think we deserve better than this, especially since the TD,s are supposed to be back to work!!!!! Must do better Ciara!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Well if their representative is anything to go by they certainly won't as apparently she was elected and paid 90 grand a year to give her opinions on celebs love life's and smile at other peoples misfortunes.

I agree with what you are saying but not everyone in Dungarvan voted for her. It is childish to tar everyone with the same brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You have to ask yourself (and i'm not a SF supporter by any stretch) but would David Cullinane have been getting his photo taken outside Talk Talk or going on an afternoon chat show? Not a hope! There's really no word for it but this is a disgrace IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dammit why is the scumbag generator not working properly :(
    If anyone deserves a scumbag hat meme she does atm

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

As laudable as this thread is, here is the real place to make your feelings known: ciara.conway@oir.ie

As yet, the conversation has been reserved and intelligent and it needs to stay that way to prevent her retaining any moral high ground on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I just got a tweet to say she called for a legislation and then voted against it...???

Is that true? Sorry, I have no other info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

As laudable as this thread is, here is the real place to make your feelings known: ciara.conway@oir.ie

As yet, the conversation has been reserved and intelligent and it needs to stay that way to prevent her retaining any moral high ground on this issue.

If you feel that strongly about it, hit her via Twitter instead. She can ignore an email, but she can't ignore the public criticism on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭deeks

gscully wrote: »
    I just got a tweet to say she called for a legislation and then voted against it...???

Is that true? Sorry, I have no other info.

My understanding of it is that the Labour Party conference voted to support the bill but the parliamentary party opted to vote against it and placed the whip on TD's so that they couldn't make up their own minds. Looks bad for Ciara that she was publicly in favour and then voted against to toe the party line. Between this and the TV3 debacle a day to forget for her all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

In fairness lads she is a fkn joke of a politician

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

It's rare that I say something is outrageous and actually mean it.

Wonder if she'll try and claim expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Wonder if she'll try and claim expenses.

How will we ever know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Honestly, who isnt a joke of a politician in this country? I dont think anybody is getting my vote next time. Why even bother.

Advertisement