Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please advise! Getting rid of aggressive tenant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BostonB wrote: »
    There may be data protection issues with that
    Providing the information one-way is unlikely to be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

"He is a long term unemployed and recently has seemed depressed and agitated.
    Last night he knocked on her door at 9.30 demanding his rental deposit back as he needed the money now but hes not leaving till sept. He got very agressive and hostile called her ignorant"

To me this sounds different from 'scum', he sounds unwell.
    If he was dodgy, I am sure your mum nor you would have let him move in in the first place.
    People with Mental Health issues can be fine for months, years, then have an 'episode'.
    And sadly many have families who are 'fed up' of getting a phone call from the Gardai, landlord, friends, community mental health teams when the person does have a relapse.
    This isn't your Mum nor your problem to deal with, it should be his family/ friends/ support network. (going on the premise that he is unwell mentally and this is causing the out of charachtar behaviour)
    I have been in the same situation myself, some years ago I informally let a room to a friend who promptly went off his meds for bipolar, and it took 7 gardai to remove him from the garden where he had been out shouting at the radio one morning from 5am and had my kitchen knives out there with him ("to practice knife-throwing")
    If it gets worse in any way i would advise you to ring the Gardai, they took him, whereas the Mental Health people I had called the day before in regard to bizarre / abusive behaviour just called up 'for a chat' and left him lodging at mine.

Advertisement