Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement of faulty goods question

Options
  • 18-04-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone can help. I have a question on replacement of faulty goods.

I bought a pair of golf shoes last year which developed a fault. The manufacturer has agreed to replace them and the shop are issuing me a credit note. All good so far. When I bought the shoes it was on a discount evening so I bought them for about 70% of their RRP. This type of shoe is no longer made but has been superceded by a newer version. As the shop are issuing me a credit note and the sale price no longer applies this newer version of shoe will cost me an extra 30 euro or so.

My question is should the manufacturer be offering me the new version replacement shoes, or just a credit note from the shop for the amount I paid?

From the nca.ie website it says if I opt for a replacement that it should be of "similar quality and price", but in my case the quality and price are two different variables, as the price paid on the discount evening was less than the new version shoes cost. The NCA also say that you should not have to pay extra for a replacement, but I will have to do this if I get a credit note.

I guess that because they were bought at a discount I will just have to add the extra cash to get the newer version shoe or opt for a different shoe altogether. Any help on this would be appreciated!

From nca.ie:
    Replacement

If you opt for a replacement, it should be the same as the item you bought, or of similar quality and price.

You should not have to pay extra for a replacement and should be given the difference in price if the replacement costs less than the item you originally bought.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A replacement isn't available as the model is no longer available, your options at this stage are pay the extra for a different model or take the credit note,

You could of course argue that you want a refund instead of a credit note as this would allow you to purchase elsewhere and perhaps get the model cheaper.

Advertisement