Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI gun left in north Belfast house after raid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Serious..ish yes I agree but no kids in house... mistakes happen.

Got to love the doe eyed pic of the child all in pink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Lucky they caught on before the kids came home from school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rhiannon.

What a f*cking horrible name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Were the police looking for daddys guns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

jesus christ, could you imagine being that copper, 'fcuk sake where did i put me fcukin gun' :pac: makes the car keys goin missin seem like fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

That's what I was thinking, very Daily Mail-esque. Expected more from the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ah, but was it a Protestant gun or a Catholic gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Everyone makes mistakes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Which has strangely just been removed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Guns dont kill people, rappers do!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I remember a couple of years back, in the town here, after a temporary checkpoint had moved on, a cop had somehow left his sub-machine gun sitting atop a wheelie bin. Luckily, for him, someone called the local barracks to report it and a few red-faced coppers appeared to retrieve the prodigal weapon.

That time however, the story didn't make the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

maximoose wrote: »
    Which has strangely just been removed...

Weeeeird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Update: In a follow up statement the PSNI noted the belt was removed after the Police Officer in question found a cache of suspicious magazines under the bed and requested to be left in the room alone as he investigated further.

The Police Ombudsman has requested to see the magazines in question, and to be left alone in his office for 15 minutes as he investigates further.

DUP Policing Board member Ian McCrea has requested the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sinn Fein assembly member Gerry Kelly, who is also on the Policing Board, has called for a "short, sharp" inquiry into the matter.

"I can't think of any reason why a gun would be set on the bed," he said.

"I think basic training would dictate that a police officer would not lose sight of their weapon, except if they were off duty."

Good man Gerry!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I know of an SA80 that turned up in the boot of a car back in Dublin after a search by the British Army at a border checkpoint. I'd say whatever poor bollocks left that there is still limping from the arse-kicking he received.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

Jaysus he left the weapon, belt and ammo on the bed how did they not miss it??...^^^^did you give the SA80 back??? I would be suprised if that squaddie is still in the army

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Teangalad wrote: »
    Jaysus he left the weapon, belt and ammo on the bed how did they not miss it??...^^^^did you give the SA80 back??? I would be suprised if that squaddie is still in the army

It wasn't my car, for clarification (I'd probably have given it back with a pile of empty brass. :p) and the rifle was returned. I think it may have been given to the embassy and gone back in the diplomatic bag. I'd say your man got a bollocking that turned his hair white, but I doubt he was tossed out over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Why did he take off the gun belt....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

phill106 wrote: »
    Why did he take off the gun belt....

probably trying to get into a confined space during the search(i.e up into an attic/under a bed/behind a boiler)
    so took the belt off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Few weeks ago it was in the news that they did the same thing with a personal mobile phone. The phone was passed on to paramilitaries who got details and photos off it then handed it into the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

:eek: reminds me of the time Chief Wiggum left his gun beside a couple of children so he could get a slice of cake.

Advertisement