Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A big thanks to the Gardai officer in whitewell house Garda station

• 18-04-2012 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Yesterday I had been in this place to get a Lerner permit licence form and the guy was very nice.as I am a foreigner in this country I must say that Gardai are very helpful, polite and friendly here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i wish they'd treat the irish the same :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you mean "Whitehall"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mod Note: User Banned

There will be no Garda praising around here, off with you.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

davet82 wrote: »
    i wish they'd treat the irish the same :(

This has to set some form of record...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

bdorange wrote: »
    Yesterday I had been in this place to get a Lerner permit licence form and the guy was very nice.as I am a foreigner in this country I must say that Gardai are very helpful, polite and friendly here.

Not here long, are you? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

/Inserts Michael Jackson eating Popcorn Gif :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Is this what the Gardai's PR department have to resort to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I must say that Gardai are very helpful, polite and friendly here.

Not always a good thing

If there's one thing I've learned from TV it's the best detectives and police officers are raging alcoholics, their wife has left them and they spent most days in dark, dank bars where they get into fights and cuss and swear at everyone

However, they are consistently superb at their job and always get their man :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

He must have just had his daily donut delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

What a nice first post Garda bdorange,welcome to boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bdorange

biko wrote: »
    Did you mean "Whitehall"?
    oops yes, Whitehall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

aw sergeant bdorange, hows the wife?

Of course they were nice to you, the Gardai make all their money on tickets. They are so good at that. Probably the best in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I smell a rat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Garda R Bondage? I know her well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

irish-stew wrote: »
    I smell a ratPIG

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

frag was faster :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

davet82 wrote: »
    :cool:

Too slow

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

i won't be sad to see the place go,manys the time i got a good slapping down there as a wee sup!!!the building itself in a nice one mind,its on a promitent corner side,surely these an adult education place beside it,surely it would improve the place if the college got there hands on it would.be a shame to see it dozed

• Advertisement

OP are you a blonde Swedish girl with a nice package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I have to say, the Gardai in Ireland get an awful time. There's a few eejits in there of course, but in general they are fantastic.

They were really great to me when I actually needed them.

Even if the bastards did give me a speeding fine and 2 penalty points last week :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

they probably deserve a nice fat pay rise and free doughnuts for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Comin over here, getting free Garda niceness.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

I remember walking home after school one day and seeing a hit and run on a cyclist in Dundrum. I managed to take down the reg of the car and reported it to the gardai. They found the culprit who happened to be Vietnamese. I was asked to appear in court on behalf of the prosecution. In my pre-court briefing, the local garda sarge's advice was "Let's nail this g _ _ k bas_ _ _ d."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

Nodin wrote: »
    Comin over here, getting free Garda niceness.....

Nothing in Ireland is free. Especially anything to do with the public sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What do you call a young Gardaí?

A piglet.

Some guards are nice, some are ****ers, rinse and repeat.
    Anyway, this thread will amass a few pages, leading to an all out riot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

RVP 11 wrote: »
    OP are you a blonde Swedish girl with a nice package?

Ehh, i think you're hanging out in the wrong bars:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Not always a good thing

If there's one thing I've learned from TV it's the best detectives and police officers are raging alcoholics, their wife has left them and they spent most days in dark, dank bars where they get into fights and cuss and swear at everyone

However, they are consistently superb at their job and always get their man :cool:

And they always do it with just 24 hours left on the case, some of that time being spent in a strip club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Obvious wind up artist is obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Welcome to Ireland OP. Glad to hear you got good Customer Service from the Guards in Whitehall.

I do apologise if my screams, coming from the cells behind the desk, were off putting in anyway whilst you got sorted but the lads paid particular attention to detail that night in extracting that confession out of me. Even I was impressed at their fantastic operation of the telescopic batons that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Why the feck you telling us?

Are the Gardai so piss poor you feel a need to post a thread on the Internet because one did their job in a pleasant manner.

Says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I thought whitehall closed. You sure it was a guard?

Hm. Poster comes in, says they had a nice interaction with a Garda and everyone instantly thinks they're lying and must be a Garda too. Yup, sounds about right for here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hm. Poster comes in, says they had a nice interaction with a Garda and everyone instantly thinks they're lying and must be a Garda too. Yup, sounds about right for here.

I've meet thousands of people who carry out their work in a pleasant and professional manner, including Gardai.

Its the starting a thread about it which is odd.

I actually wondered why Garda get a hard time, until i actually thought about it.

For me personally on an OK wage working 9 - 5 the only time i would have dealings with the garda are ......

If i were to break the law.

Driving offences speeding / bus lane etc .....

all this would cost me money

If i were a victim .

Car was robbed = statement taken and a burnt out car
    I was robbed = statement taken , my money was gone
    House was robbed = statement taken all belongings are gone
    Bike was robbed = statement taken bike is gone
    Murdered = an investigation and an arrest. (hopefully) but then what would you care , your dead.

Advertisement