Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrocantus (sp?) bush

Options
  • 18-04-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where (in the Dublin area) I could get hold of a well-grown pyrocantus (spelling?) bush. Since my grisinlinea hedge died last year the kids are using my fence for a short-cut. I'm afraid if I put down a smaller plant that they will damage it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

wait4me wrote: »
    Anybody know where (in the Dublin area) I could get hold of a well-grown pyrocantus (spelling?) bush. Since my grisinlinea hedge died last year the kids are using my fence for a short-cut. I'm afraid if I put down a smaller plant that they will damage it.

Orchard Garden Centre,Johnstown Garden Centre or Tulleys Nurserys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Pyracanta and yes it is prickly and will stop the kids. Couple of different types available but is freely available and inexpensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks folks - I will ring around. As I said I need to get a taller/well-grown plant to save it (somewhat) from vandalism.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ezspeeder

Go for a red berried one if u can - birds will benefit from the berries. I have both red and yellow berry varieties but birds avoid the yellow berries entirely - beats me why:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Our yellow berried ones go slow too. Can be a b*tch dealing with the trimmings due to the spikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Op, I know it's not quite what you're looking for, but I'm going to be digging up/cutting down a pyrocanthus next weekend. You're welcome to the trimmings if you fancy a stop-gap solution.

Advertisement