Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

registering calves online

• 18-04-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    1 was registering a calf last week and put in the stock bull as sire as a mistake, no big deal except she was bought in the day she calved so it would be impossible to have the stock bull as the daddy.

I tried to be as careful as possible this year when registering as every year we have a few that we don't get paid on due to incorrect dates with de- horning(eventhough some dont have any horns by the 21 days).

So how does one go about editing registration details, have rang 3 times, emailed once and no answer?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

jfh wrote: »
    Hi all,
    1 was registering a calf last week and put in the stock bull as sire as a mistake, no big deal except she was bought in the day she calved so it would be impossible to have the stock bull as the daddy.

I tried to be as careful as possible this year when registering as every year we have a few that we don't get paid on due to incorrect dates with de- horning(eventhough some dont have any horns by the 21 days).

So how does one go about editing registration details, have rang 3 times, emailed once and no answer?

thanks
    you will need to get someone on the phone so keep ringing, i think they get you to send the calfs card in to them along with explanation and they will send you back new card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

jfh wrote: »
    Hi all,

thanks

Somebody might have a more confirmed answer for you by me, but the last time I made a mistake with the online reg, I had to contact my DVo to make the changes. It was a couple of years ago now, so it may have changed since. A call to your DVO would point you in the right direction anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

reilig wrote: »
    Somebody might have a more confirmed answer for you by me, but the last time I made a mistake with the online reg, I had to contact my DVo to make the changes. It was a couple of years ago now, so it may have changed since. A call to your DVO would point you in the right direction anyway.

I had to do it recently. Best thing is ring 9.30am. Be first in the line.

Bottom line is I had to send the card into the DVO, with an explaination of the error and correction required.
    They then issued me a new card. No bother!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

But the calf sire won't be on the card, you shouldn't need a new card:confused:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

blue5000 wrote: »
    But the calf sire won't be on the card, you shouldn't need a new card:confused:

I imagine that it would flag on the SCWS system however and you would not get the payment for the calf. Probably no need for to get a new card, just a change of bull code on the Dep. system.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

reilig wrote: »
    I imagine that it would flag on the SCWS system however and you would not get the payment for the calf. Probably no need for to get a new card, just a change of bull code on the Dep. system.

Ironic isn't it, half the kids born in Limerick last year had no father on the birth cert, doesn't stop the children's allowance though:eek:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

blue5000 wrote: »
    Ironic isn't it, half the kids born in Limerick last year had no father on the birth cert, doesn't stop the children's allowance though:eek:

Thankfully, or I would be broke from maintenance money, the mother is more than happy with my deed as she gets a right whack of mickey money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭jfh

finally got through to them & it looks like i'll have to contact the local DVO alright.

If i had been able to get though to them after registering the calf, they could have changed it for me but after a few hours it's too late.

what i didn't know is that one has a small window of oppurtunity to delete registration of an animal, that might be handy for the future if you notice the mistake straight away

Advertisement