Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewere to stay for 8 lads

Options
  • 18-04-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

so there is 8 lads heading towards galway the june bank hoikday weekend froom the 8th to the 11th:D the gig is in salthill but rather stay somewere in galway city and just taxi it over the day of the gig

we were thinking of staying in somewere that would sleep 8

any reccomdations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Barnacles Hostel will do the job. Right next to the nightlife and if you book now, you should be able to get your own room with 4 bunk beds (make sure you ring to confirm this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Is the June bank holiday not the week before that? Although it probably doesn't make a difference to ye anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

try snoozles or sleepzone if you want to stay for cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nujbvi0pwref8c

what would be very central for ye is imperial hotel in eyre square, right in eyre square, surrounded by pubs, walk out the door, turn right and 200m is shop street, another 2 minute walk end of shop street loads great pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.hostelworld.com - real recommendations from people who've stayed recently.

One thing to note: lots of hostels will require a behaviour bond from a group. Behave yourselves, and you will get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

JustMary wrote: »
    www.hostelworld.com - real recommendations from people who've stayed recently.

One thing to note: lots of hostels will require a behaviour bond from a group. Behave yourselves, and you will get it back.

Is that a deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Barnacles Hostel will do the job. Right next to the nightlife and if you book now, you should be able to get your own room with 4 bunk beds (make sure you ring to confirm this).

+1 for this place, stayed here myself for 4 other lads and was a great spot.

Paddyfield wrote: »
    Is that a deposit?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Murdstone

I stayed in Barnacles last Summer. When they say 'free breakfast' they mean there is a kitchen where you have the use a of a kettle, tea bags, a loaf of cheap sliced pan and a toaster.

The rooms are tiny and the walls are so thin that you could hear a mouse fart in the next room.

Honestly, if I visiting Galway again, and was given a choice between staying in Barnacles or sleeping on a park bench I would take the bench.

Other then that the staff were nice enough, and it is centrally located but you could get a better deal elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, central hostels are pretty much what you expect, lots of noise and not the best comfort but hey, they're central and when you're 20 that's all that matters :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Murdstone

^ Yeah, I'd agree with that, but considering the small size of Galway, I think you'd get better value by staying in a b & b in the outskirts and still be within walking distance of the centre.

Murdstone wrote: »
    ^ Yeah, I'd agree with that, but considering the small size of Galway, I think you'd get better value by staying in a b & b in the outskirts and still be within walking distance of the centre.
    I dont know that you get many bnb doing e25 per night on a bank holiday, or giving you a self catering kitchen in the evenings.

Both styles have a place, but i know which one gives value.

IMHO

Advertisement