Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trilogy Rosehip Oil

• 18-04-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used it and is it any good? Ive heard good reviews but wasnt sure if it would suit sensitive skin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I have it, I've used it but I haven't seen any difference. It sometimes makes my face a little blotchy, but then most products do. I hope you have better luck than me. I've heard great reviews about it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Thanks I do a good bit out doors so I was hoping it might help hydrate my skin but I've used some oils before and ended up breaking out!

Have you found any other facial oils good?

Well funnily enough you should ask. I had a gift voucher for Brown Thomas and I used it to buy Clairns Blaancing Oil. I had gotten a free sample of the Lotus oil and I love it. I find it can make my face a little shiny, so I just pop on a light layer of powder and I'm good to go (far too lazy to put on makeup!).

I usually put it on at night and I've found it's helped big time. I sometimes use moisturiser with it. My skin is dehydrated but it also has breakouts. I'm on a prescription gel for it, so I have quite dry patches.

Now, it's super expensive and you get a huge bottle that lasts forever. What I would suggest, go in to a Clairns counter, find someone who knows their stuff and talk to them. They can be so helpful AND try and get a sample. Don't fork out a fortune if you can't handle it. I only tried it because I was given a sample.

As for moisturiser, the most common day to day one I used is Hydraphase by La Roche-Posey. I love their range and it's not too expensive either.

Good luck OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

brill I will try and get a sample of that thanks!

No worries, let us know how you get on.

Just remember, try and get some samples before paying a small fortune for something that you might not use/need. I could open my own pharmacy with all the products I've tried and discarded over the years :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

According to one of the weekend papers ALDI has something very similar, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I have used the Trilogy Everything Balm which contains the rosehip oil and found it great i have really dry sensitive skin. It contains all natural ingredients so suits sensitive skin it can also be used everywhere face arms legs hands etc. I'd definatly reccomend really improved my skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I've tried A'Kin and Antipodes serums and they're both lovely, the A'Kin one is about 16 quid I think so a fair bit cheaper:)

Advertisement