Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Claim Query!

Options
  • 18-04-2012 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm having a nightmare with my insurance company, has anybody been throught this. My rental property was flood damaged and the insurance company are fighting with me over the occupancy of the property. My tenents had moved out shorthly prior to the damage and I was there myself on and off so that my insurance would not lapse. Can anyone constitute what the law says on the wording of "occupied" or guide me to any case law for reference purposes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Good question

However this is not the accomodation forum is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Patricia Brown

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Good question

Hi Max

Will move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Good question

Where is this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

hondasam wrote: »
    Where is this forum?

linky here :)

Good question

kerry4sam wrote: »

Thanks Kerry. If only Max Power1 was as helpful to the OP:)

• Advertisement

I'm having a nightmare with my insurance company, has anybody been throught this. My rental property was flood damaged and the insurance company are fighting with me over the occupancy of the property. My tenents had moved out shorthly prior to the damage and I was there myself on and off so that my insurance would not lapse. Can anyone constitute what the law says on the wording of "occupied" or guide me to any case law for reference purposes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

You could try here also.

Advertisement