Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals on running shoes!!

Options
  • 18-04-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

As the title suggests looking for a pair of trainers for myself trying to get back into doing a bit of training.
    Is there any good deals to be had in any of the bricks and mortar stores?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lidl
    Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I got some Nike running shoes from sports direct for just over half of what they were priced in sports shops where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

If it suits, you should go to Kildare Village. There is an Asics outlet there, and sometimes they have fifty per cent off. You really can't go wrong with a pair of Asics! But if you overpronate, go for shoes that will support this. Usually, the Asics ones will have a darker grey area on the inside lower side of the shoe.
    JohnBuckleySports are also wonderful for shoes, especially if you want specific ones. As are Sub4. Both these often have good offers.
    Try on a pair in Elverys, Lifestyle, Champion etc and see if you can get them cheaper online.
    Also, if you are traveling up north, or to another European country soon, find a store called Decathlon. It is an amaaazing store for sportspeople. They now ship to Ireland, so their website is worth a look at.
    Good luck with your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

dee. wrote: »
    I got some Nike running shoes from sports direct for just over half of what they were priced in sports shops where I live.

+1 sportsdirect.com

just choose the right size / pair in a local shop first and see can they match the sportsdirect price. also they have a huge selection of running gear etc at bargain prices.

Advertisement