Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Madden Franchise - Interest List

Options
  • 18-04-2012 4:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,

If you are interested in getting some more Madden games in please post in here.

I will be setting up either another Franchise or a human only league which would be played through a community.

Advantage of the community setup is not waiting around for the league to be advanced and No CPU games

Advantage of the real teams franchise would be to take an existing roster and trying to improve it via trades and drafts and replacing players as they retire etc.

I'd be thinking of either 2 games per week or 1 game every 5 days.

We would need at least 10-12 players to make this work. Please post below your interest and you preference for either online franchise or community based.

So far the following have expressed an interest:

helimachoptor
    Raoul
    madalig12
    Pudsy33
    empacher
    adrian522 (obviously)
    mcg (for Madden 13)
    Shane.C
    Lukebray
    Paully D
    SantryRed
    NekoChan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I think I'll leave it for now but might join you in Madden 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Yep, i'll play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

McG wrote: »

Thanks, duly noted. TBH it might be then before we get this thing going...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

yeah i'll play too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I wonder who you'll pick :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would anyone be interested in getting a second Boards fantasy franchise going during the summer?

Easy to set up, lots of fun drafting & trading, and we could make it one game a week so it gives us an extra game each week.

Or would the interest not be there during the summer months?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm happy with either a fantasy fran or a real one tbh.
    But needs to be just one game a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If another one was going to be run would a real team one not be better?

Yeah i'd be happy to go with a real one tbh santry, time for a poll :pac:

I'd play either to be honest, just throwing the suggestion out there :)

If we go real franchise it would be great if it was run as Adrian has proposed in the OP and like the PFL over on the Immature Gamers forum as like has been mentioned there's no waiting around and no CPU games.

It'd be another 3 weeks before I could get involved mind, but if we could get it discussed more definitively it would be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I don't know how I'd fit it in but for a PFL style I'd give it a bash :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, so it looks like we have 9 people signed up, I'll give until Monday evening to see if anyone else joins, then I'll plough ahead using real teams and playing in a dedicated community. There will only be human v human games and we will play every 5 days or once per week.

Is that OK with everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi, so it looks like we have 9 people signed up, I'll give until Monday evening to see if anyone else joins, then I'll plough ahead using real teams and playing in a dedicated community. There will only be human v human games and we will play every 5 days or once per week.

Is that OK with everyone?

Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

count me in as well, i need as much game time as i can get so i start actually winning some games

Can no longer edit the first post but I will create a new thread once we know the final numbers...

Can no longer edit the first post but I will create a new thread once we know the final numbers...

Let me know what you need to update and I can do it

Could you add SantryRed and NekoChan to the interested list.

I'm assuming Paully and McG are still going to wait for M:13?

Could you add SantryRed and NekoChan to the interested list.

I'm assuming Paully and McG are still going to wait for M:13?

I'm in now :)

OK, so we have 11 players at the moment, mcG, any chance you would jump in to bring us to 12 if no one else signs up? 11 is a horrible number to try and build a league around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Do you have etloveslsd down? He'll play I'd say

OK cool, if he plays that will give us 12...

Just need to figure out the format then I guess...

tbh, i dont mind having a proper franchise even though it will mean a lot of CPU games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

OK, so we have 11 players at the moment, mcG, any chance you would jump in to bring us to 12 if no one else signs up? 11 is a horrible number to try and build a league around.

Afraid not. I'm dropping out of the primary league too. Might be back with M13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'd say either a PFL style one. Or if you have 12 .. Have 3 full divisions and that's it.

I'd say either a PFL style one. Or if you have 12 .. Have 3 full divisions and that's it.

Can you point me to the rules or the setup for the PFL can't seem to find anything on that site since the move.

Afraid not. I'm dropping out of the primary league too. Might be back with M13.
    Ah McG :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Any idea when we'll be starting?

Hi, It looks like we have all our entrants so we will do a draft this week. I'll setup a draft thread where people will post their preferred team.

The Draft order will mirror the most recent franchise draft.

I am open to suggestions on the format but with 12 people I think we play every other opponent once and then progress to playoffs (Top 4) semi's and Final.

Another option would be to split into groups, 3 groups of 4. Play each group opponent twice and play 1 team at your level once from the other groups. That would give 8 games. 3 group winners + 1 best runner up would go to playoffs.

Any thoughts on this guys? I'd like to get it going as quickly as possible.

Draft Order(I'm not sure on the tie breakers, but let me know if I've got it wrong):

1. Pudsy33 5-11
    2. NekoChan 6-10
    3. madalig 6-10
    4. Etloveslsd 6-10
    5. Lukebray 6-10
    6. empacher 9-7
    7. Raoul 9-7
    8. helimachoptor 10-6
    9. Paully D 12-4
    10 adrian522 12-4
    11. Shane.C 14-2
    12. Santry Red 13-3

• Advertisement

looks ok, i'm the Titans or there'll be bannings :eek:

Advertisement