Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Madden Franchise - Interest List

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm gonna be largely unavailable for the first bit of this but I'll make up on the games before the play offs begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi, It looks like we have all our entrants so we will do a draft this week. I'll setup a draft thread where people will post their preferred team.

The Draft order will mirror the most recent franchise draft.

I am open to suggestions on the format but with 12 people I think we play every other opponent once and then progress to playoffs (Top 4) semi's and Final.

Another option would be to split into groups, 3 groups of 4. Play each group opponent twice and play 1 team at your level once from the other groups. That would give 8 games. 3 group winners + 1 best runner up would go to playoffs.

Any thoughts on this guys? I'd like to get it going as quickly as possible.

Draft Order(I'm not sure on the tie breakers, but let me know if I've got it wrong):

1. Pudsy33 5-11
    2. NekoChan 6-10
    3. madalig 6-10
    4. Etloveslsd 6-10
    5. Lukebray 6-10
    6. empacher 9-7
    7. Raoul 9-7
    8. helimachoptor 10-6
    9. Paully D 12-4
    10 adrian522 12-4
    11. Shane.C 14-2
    12. Santry Red 13-3

Yeah first way sounds best I think. Is it a fantasy league or normal teams?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It will be normal teams so we will just play them like friendlies in a dedicated community. The winner of each game will post up the result and the stats and I will keep a league table updated.
    Need to decide the tie breaking scenarios, I think it will go on the result between the teams, assuming there are no ties that should do us.

In the event of a tie between the 2 teams and identical records we may use most TDs or points difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

well if you taking names for madden 13 then im Defo up for it then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK no worries, you not interested in this time around?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have the draft order from the last draft so I can finalise the positions of the teams with the same record?

Also tonight I'll set-up a community and send an invite to all the participants. Please make sure to play all games in the community.

I'll go with 8-min quarters unless someone has a preference for longer games.

We can then do the draft tomorrow, so have a think about the team you will select. If you are not going to be around tomorrow please PM me the teams you would like and I will select your choice if still available, failing that I will select the best available team based on overall rating, can't say fairer than that.

I'll allow 30 mins per person to make their selection. Hopefully start at 11am tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Does anyone have the draft order from the last draft so I can finalise the positions of the teams with the same record?

Also tonight I'll set-up a community and send an invite to all the participants. Please make sure to play all games in the community.

I'll go with 8-min quarters unless someone has a preference for longer games.

We can then do the draft tomorrow, so have a think about the team you will select. If you are not going to be around tomorrow please PM me the teams you would like and I will select your choice if still available, failing that I will select the best available team based on overall rating, can't say fairer than that.

I'll allow 30 mins per person to make their selection. Hopefully start at 11am tomorrow.

We should just do it within the current community adrian
    Edit my BB is down and most likely will be til Friday :(

We should just do it within the current community adrian
    Edit my BB is down and most likely will be til Friday :(

Well I was thinking if we had a separate community we could use the stats from that instead of doing everything manually.I don't mind either way to be honest.

PM me the teams you want in order and I'll pick for you if you are not around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well I was thinking if we had a separate community we could use the stats from that instead of doing everything manually.I don't mind either way to be honest.

PM me the teams you want in order and I'll pick for you if you are not around.

Sorry didnt think of that!
    Another community is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Well I don't have Madden 12 for the xbox so just gonna wait until 13 comes around in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Paola Old-fashioned Yardstick

is it to late to join

is it to late to join
    No just in time. What team were you in the main franchise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Paola Old-fashioned Yardstick

No just in time. What team were you in the main franchise ?

redskins

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Great stuff Adrian, thanks for organising this. Looking forward to it.

I won't be around tomorrow for a draft so I've just PM'd you my list.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hashtag ThugLife

New to the forum, only joined to find an online league for madden 13 so I'll be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi mate.

Our draft will be taking place a week or so after the new game comes out.

If you want a friendly feel free to add me, my gamertag is Ben SFC.

Welcome to our forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

New to the forum, only joined to find an online league for madden 13 so I'll be up for it.

This second league didn't take off, go to the hop of the forum for info on joining our other one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hashtag ThugLife

What is the hop of the forum and is this only Xbox users?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What is the hop of the forum and is this only Xbox users?

Meant top, and nope

Advertisement