Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit problem

Options
  • 18-04-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi

I live in the country. My next door neighbour has a range of pets - hamsters, gerbils, cats and rabbits. Unfortunateely they are no good at actually minding them.

The rabbit has been loose for the last few months and has taken up residence in my garden and has taken a liking to my prized red robin plant for some reason.

Now I've said to my neighbour that it's doing this but he doesn't seem bothered about it and I jokingly said i'd shoot it - he said feel free!!! Nice owners!!

Anyway, I want rid and I have no problem if the animal ends up sleeping with the fishes:)

Airgun, poison, catapult, bear trap:) I don't care - Any suggestions how to get rid?

I've tried to capture it but it just legs it and is back as soon as my back is turned.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

Illegal to use poison on the rabbit. If it's a built up area shooting it might land you in trouble. One option would be to get somebody will a good lurcher to catch the rabbit. Since the rabbit is not wild the dog should easily catch him. A good terrier should catch him also (not a good as the lurcher option though).

Another option would be to get a humane cat trap (Local vet would have one). Put some nice bunny food in it and you can catch him in the cage

Advertisement